Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

VMAS (or i think)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sag
Enthusiast
Sag

Name : Martin
Merit : 0

VMAS (or i think) Empty
PostSubject: VMAS (or i think)   VMAS (or i think) EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Fuel pump works no fire or at least no inj pulse(brand new crank sens)and
a flashing security(wit my two keys)don't remember exactly wat to do but to wait 15 min(so 30 shoud do)cleaned the key.......then?and if it dosn't work
can-i jump it in any way?is there a fuse or a relay?(my owner manual is at home and not me)i'm in panic mode now and fear to discharge the battery alone in the middle of nowere without any(or almost)tools.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.if i don't answer the post it had start(and will answer next time)tanks. sad
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

VMAS (or i think) Empty
PostSubject: Re: VMAS (or i think)   VMAS (or i think) EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 7:03 pm

Does the engine turn (crank)? It's not 'jumpable'. To bypass you need to measure the resistance of your key chip, then splice the same amount of resistance into the VATS wire. It's not a parking lot task, you'll need some electrical tools and get under the dash to find the little wire. I don't recall the wire color offhand, I'm thinking it's a very thin purple wire? But don't count on it from me...

Troubleshooting: Make sure the key is clean and DRY. Sometimes you need to rub the edges of the chip with some emery cloth to help it reconnect. Unfortunately that's it for troubleshooting... frown
Back to top Go down
Sag
Enthusiast
Sag

Name : Martin
Merit : 0

VMAS (or i think) Empty
PostSubject: Re: VMAS (or i think)   VMAS (or i think) EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 8:04 pm

tanks a lot....but i've found my problem i left the car sleep overnight at -15 celsius(way below freezing)with almost no gaz in a hill i think i've frozen a gaz line(condensation)it's a gazliner and hairdryer case now that it have enough gaz with a little patience i shoud be able to start it without blowing those fragile(i hope it's the good word)gaz pump at least i hope.............. bonk
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

VMAS (or i think) Empty
PostSubject: Re: VMAS (or i think)   VMAS (or i think) EmptyMon Jan 14, 2008 12:34 am

Ah yes, the old frozen gas line. I haven't heard of that happening in years. But I didn't realize you were from way up in the great white north...

The in-tank electric fuel pump has pretty much wiped out the frozen gas line around here but it doesn't get that cold that often for us.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VMAS (or i think) Empty
PostSubject: Re: VMAS (or i think)   VMAS (or i think) Empty

Back to top Go down

VMAS (or i think)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Audio & Electronics-
Jump to: