Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Website for Interior carpet?

Go down 
+2
1998 Riv
oldsman105
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

Website for Interior carpet? Empty
PostSubject: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 14:07

I am looking to replace the floor carpet on the Riviera with black colored carpet.. Can anyone recommend someplace where I can order some carpet for my car? I figured I'd post here before I go to google.

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 15:11

Are you looking for generic stuff to work with, or pre-molded to actually fit our cars? I don't know if anyone aftermarket offers a correct replacement or not. I imagine the dealer is not cheap.
Back to top Go down
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 15:17

Generic stuff. I couldn't find molded for our gen riviera.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 18:07

I'd try pricing it at the dealer anyway, just might be worth the extra $ instead of fighting with the fit of generic carpeting. jmho
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 18:34

why are you looking to get new carpet
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 18:49

My beige carpet is ugly. I had the car detailed and the guy couldn't get all the stains out. Plus I spilled Lucas trans fluid int he back carpet (makes it look ugly ) So I have decidied to do the interior carpet black.

Website for Interior carpet? DSCF0039

This was my old interior in my old car. I miss having a dark interior so I might try to convert my car to a black computer.
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 19:50

Wow! I just noticed something. Oldsman has the recessed stereo on his dash like the '95s but has the series II engine. Now we've seen two rivs like this. Was your car a late 95 build? Curious to know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 19:58

jax95riv wrote:
Wow! I just noticed something. Oldsman has the recessed stereo on his dash like the '95s but has the series II engine. Now we've seen two rivs like this. Was your car a late 95 build? Curious to know.

No no no... That was my old 1995 buick riviera ( silver car) it had a series 1 l67. I sold it because I bought this one and the transmission completely went on that one.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 20:00

oldsman105 wrote:
This was my old interior in my old car. I miss having a dark interior so I might try to convert my car to a black computer.
jax95riv wrote:
That is a pictire of his old Riv, a '95, he has a '96 now I'm pretty sure. Right Oldsman?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 20:00

My bad. Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyThu 17 Jan 2008 - 20:02

99Rivman wrote:
oldsman105 wrote:
jax95riv wrote:
That is a pictire of his old Riv, a '95, he has a '96 now I'm pretty sure. Right Oldsman?

Correct!

jax95riv wrote:
My bad. Sorry for the confusion.

No need to apoligize. happy
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyTue 29 Jan 2008 - 21:28

to save money you could do what im going to do, removed the whole carpet bleach it , steam clean it then dye it black, im a cheap ass i know but it works
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? EmptyWed 30 Jan 2008 - 0:30

I bought a carpet from http://www.accmats.com/ in Anniston, Alabama - it was a *perfect* color match for the carpet it replaced. They say they are the only supplier to offer all eight original carpet materials used in the automotive industry. That is almost true. They do not offer the wool carpets used in Audis, say. But their nylon cutpile carpets are so close in texture and an exact match in color - well, , frankly most people have no idea. They are employee-owned, pretty good to deal with.

You will probably have to phone them to get a carpet, not that many rivieras were made. That is, for some cars they have carpets in stock, but probably not for the Riv and so it won't be on their web site. But they will make you one for the same price. They 'mold' it to shape using blocks and a steamer. It should run you 190 to $210 for the carpet. (800) 352 8216.

That said...

GM number // Description // gmpartsdirect.com
25639299 // neutral for G D55,56 // not available
25639306 // neutral for G 56 // not available
12529890 // neutral bulk carpet // not available

I think you can use the part numbers to ask at dealer if there are any "in the system."

carpets differ depending on if you have the bench or bucket seats. I don't remember which is which but I think the second one listed above is for the Riv with bench seat.

If you order from Auto Custom Carpets, be sure to get the "mass back" add-on for sound deadening. The standard jute they sell is fine, but the massback is very nice sound deadening insulation.

goood luck

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Website for Interior carpet?   Website for Interior carpet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Website for Interior carpet?
Page 1 of 1