Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

group buy on front and rear bumper covers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blackbart95
Enthusiast
blackbart95

Name : Mark
Merit : 3

group buy on front and rear bumper covers Empty
PostSubject: group buy on front and rear bumper covers   group buy on front and rear bumper covers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 6:39 am

Has anyone looked into having front and rear bumper cover produced that eliminate the "lip" that sticks out were the "bumper" is located, like "Jack the R's" s Wildcat signature picture. I believe there is some foam behind that portion of the cover and , if removed, the cover could be reshaped and flattened to give the car a sleek and sporty look. The bumpers are the only things that make the Rivs look dated, IMO.
I am planning on painting my car this summer and would be very interested in installing bumper covers like these cool
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: group buy on front and rear bumper covers   group buy on front and rear bumper covers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 11:25 am

what do they look like can you find a picture
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: group buy on front and rear bumper covers   group buy on front and rear bumper covers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 7:42 pm

See sig.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: group buy on front and rear bumper covers   group buy on front and rear bumper covers EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 7:54 pm

so just smoothed out
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
blackbart95
Enthusiast
blackbart95

PostSubject: Re: group buy on front and rear bumper covers   group buy on front and rear bumper covers EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 6:15 am

Jack, do you have large pics that I could get a copy of? I was talking to some of our engineering interns at work and they have some experience in making custom body parts for automotive engineering college projects. I guess you can use the existing covers as a baseline, create a mold using foam, then modify the mold as desired using filler and such. There's a little more to it than that, but the main thing is that it isn't that difficult.
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: group buy on front and rear bumper covers   group buy on front and rear bumper covers EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 9:26 am

The problem is that you may or may not be able to get rid of the lip at the bottom, but you won't be able to make it as flush as in his sig pic. There's a lot of bumper behind the cover, and it's dangerous to start cutting that up. Good luck with it though, and see if you can have cutouts from the bottom up to the exhaust tips. That'd look cool.

Have you considered the rocker panels? That won't look good, a gray lip going all around and then nothing in the back.
Back to top Go down
blackbart95
Enthusiast
blackbart95

PostSubject: Re: group buy on front and rear bumper covers   group buy on front and rear bumper covers EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Yes, I would have to keep the flare at the bottom to match the rockers and enough to cover structural bumper components to keep it safe. Still, it would look sooo much better with front and rear side marker lights flush and removing the side molding and related features on bumper(s), with less overhang to boot.
For the exhaust, I would like to go with a single center wide oval outlet similar to the Porsche Boxter, sort of a scaled down version of the front grill, and it would be recessed as much as possible up into the bumper cover. You could still have dual exhaust, but just bring them in towards the center around the spare tire well. I wished I still had Photoshop available...
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: group buy on front and rear bumper covers   group buy on front and rear bumper covers EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 10:41 pm

The GIMP is always available.

I'll look for the bigger pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: group buy on front and rear bumper covers   group buy on front and rear bumper covers Empty

Back to top Go down

group buy on front and rear bumper covers
Page 1 of 1