Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

pulled a code......... :(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

pulled a code......... :( Empty
PostSubject: pulled a code......... :(   pulled a code......... :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 3:21 pm

i drove the car through first gear hard all the way through first and into second and all of a sudden i got a code.......... first code in 3-4 months KINDA jinxed myself by telling a freind that i havent had a problem for awhile today.......... ANYWAYS the code is something about the front bank running lean AND ALSO i got a camshaft position sensor code.............. why at the same time?? suspect i'll keep driving spirited and see if it decides to pop up again. grimace
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: pulled a code......... :(   pulled a code......... :( EmptyWed Feb 06, 2008 5:01 pm

you dont have the actual codes? did you feel a misfire when it happened?

Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: pulled a code......... :(   pulled a code......... :( EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 7:06 am

Odd..I literally posted the lean bank code in another thread.

P0171 Lean Bank 1 sound familiar?
Typical causes of this code (I always find new ways to have it pop up bonk )

1. Check your battery connectors to be clean, tight and in good condition. Pull the cable, check under the boots.
2. Check to ensure your evap lines are properly routed to the evap switch/soleniod. Reversing them will cause this code.
3. Check your maf, the fsm loves to blame the maf for this code...I've yet to see it be the cause on my car.

I can't stress #1 quite enough. My cables were replaced from being corroded internally and causing the problem.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: pulled a code......... :(   pulled a code......... :( EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 3:28 pm

BillBoost37 wrote:
Odd..I literally posted the lean bank code in another thread.

P0171 Lean Bank 1 sound familiar?
Typical causes of this code (I always find new ways to have it pop up bonk )

1. Check your battery connectors to be clean, tight and in good condition. Pull the cable, check under the boots.
2. Check to ensure your evap lines are properly routed to the evap switch/soleniod. Reversing them will cause this code.
3. Check your maf, the fsm loves to blame the maf for this code...I've yet to see it be the cause on my car.

I can't stress #1 quite enough. My cables were replaced from being corroded internally and causing the problem.

THANK YOU man....... i reset the light........... BUT i did reconnect the battery under my rear seat........... and you know what shocked loose positive cable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: pulled a code......... :(   pulled a code......... :( EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 6:47 am

Glad to help others after having suffered pain and agony to that code.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pulled a code......... :(   pulled a code......... :( Empty

Back to top Go down

pulled a code......... :(
Page 1 of 1