The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: HVAC Assembly

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 155

Write-Up: HVAC Assembly - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: HVAC Assembly   Write-Up: HVAC Assembly - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 3:42 pm

Jack the R wrote:
By re-run calibration, do you mean you already did it?  it wouldn't hurt to try again.  Are you sure you have the right instructions for the calibration procedure?

I don't remember there being any special tricks to installing the modules.  I don't have one on hand, doesn't the output shaft have a half-moon design so it only goes on one way?  

Surely you couldn't have flipped the actuator door over?

Thanks! I think I just needed a nudge. I'm kinda sore from the initial install...

I will try recalibrating and before that checking this site for the calibration procedure. I had done it before, did it this time from memory and I'll bet I screwed it up. Last time I installed any driver side actuators was July 2013. The output shaft goes on one way, sort of, it's more or less oval with the long sides flat.

Thanks!

Albert
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: HVAC Assembly   Write-Up: HVAC Assembly - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 1:30 pm

I ran calibration this morning and things are, well, great!

I must have been sleepy or fatigued when I did (ummm... when I screwed up)  the initial calibration right after installing those actuators.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Guru
Jack the R

Merit : 93

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: HVAC Assembly   Write-Up: HVAC Assembly - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 3:00 pm

Good to hear!
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

Name : steve
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: HVAC Assembly   Write-Up: HVAC Assembly - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 7:30 pm

Albertj good news did u take the seat out? How did you do calibration I just left key on for 3 minutes
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: HVAC Assembly   Write-Up: HVAC Assembly - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 11:47 am

Hi Steve (and the rest of you),

I did not remove the seat.  I put a small stool just outside the door opening, rested on that and the footwell.  Small of my back just cleared the door sill.

The calibration - With the car running I turned the HVAC to "OFF" and then shut down, disconnected the battery again, grounded the positive terminal for about a minute then went to make/eat dinner (left the terminal hanging).  After dinner (chicken) I reconnected battery, turned the car on (did not start it) and let it sit HVAC off  while listening for actuator action. It was hard to hear - the new actuators (aftermarket, not OE) are really quiet for some reason - and it took 3-4 minutes.     Then I turned car off, waited 30 seconds, started it, took a drive. Once the car was warm enough (temp gauge about 1/4 up) I tried the different settings -- no THUMP and everything seemed to work (winner, winner, chicken dinner).

I figure the first time I did something dumb like forgetting to turn the HVAC "OFF."

Albertj

Last edited by albertj on Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

Name : steve
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: HVAC Assembly   Write-Up: HVAC Assembly - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks Albertj great info! Thats a fun job and your neck and back really enjoy it too
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: HVAC Assembly   Write-Up: HVAC Assembly - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 9:02 am

71stagegs wrote:
Thanks Albertj great info! Thats a fun job and your neck and back really enjoy it too
shout bonk lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: HVAC Assembly   Write-Up: HVAC Assembly - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: HVAC Assembly
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6