HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cragmor
Rookie

Name: Jerry
Merit: 0

PostSubject: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:37 pm

I know that I have a leaky master cylinder, and plan to replace it soon. When the fluid starts to get low, the light on the dash comes on, and annoys the hell out of me. I add fluid, all is well for a week or so. Sometimes, I get in, and I bump the emergency pedal, and it will light up the dash.
Today, I was a little low on fluid, the light just came on, so I put some in, but the light has not gone off. I stopped after a bit, and checked. Still has plenty of fluid, does not appear to have dropped any. Emergency pedal is up. Car has fresh pads for about 1k miles.
Any thoughts while I am at work without my manual?
Back to top Go down
Sag

Name: Martin

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:40 pm

this sound, I know it's really annoying.Just try to put some more it worked for me now it's just over the mark and everything ok.
good luck
Back to top Go down
cragmor
Rookie

Name: Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:42 pm

Did not want to say this, but I did accidentally over fill it. Had my eyes dialated, and missed the mark. Did not over flow it, just filled it up to the neck. Gonna have to find out how to disable the ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding
Back to top Go down
Sag

Name: Martin

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:45 pm

find the buzzer and cut the wire(weel maybe it will also stob buzz
when you forgot your flashers)ding,ding,ding......
Back to top Go down
mr riviera
Amateur

Name: Pat

PostSubject: brake light and chime during traction loss   Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:13 pm

Hi , im curious why the red brake light in the tempature gauge and warning chime come on during a traction loss situation on my 98 .
it never happened on my 97 and its rather annoying , if i turn off the traction controll id doesnt happen ....
thanks

hmm looks like i posted in wrong section .... o well
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator

Name: Aaron
Merit: 213

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:55 pm

I'd have the parking brake checked out. That's a symptom of having the parking brake engaged while driving.

'98 SC Riviera 268k miles 298 HP/370 TQ 0-60: 5.79s ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 4087 lb 20.1 avg MPG Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley AL104 plugs 180 t-stat FWI w/K&N 1.9:1 rockers OR pushrods LS6 valve springs SLP headers ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts MaxAir shocks Addco sway bars UMI bushings GM STB Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus SS lines Brembo slotted discs DHP tuned Aeroforce Hidden Hitch

'05 GTO 49k miles 0-60: 4.8s 16.9 avg MPG
Because fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4 Online
mr riviera
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:06 pm

whom ever moved this ... thanks lol ....

yea i thought that too , but i cant figure it out
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Aficionado

Name: Matthew
Merit: 97

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:31 pm

and the level in the resov is high enough? maybe the fluid line that runs to the trac motor is cloged? can you see brake fluid in the little container down on the motor?

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:41 pm

ill look ... the main resovoir is full .... never know it was that complicated a system , i just thought is was a quirk/trait that the 98's had that the 97's didnt .... you know how the average (62 year old )
buick driver might not be aware that hes loosing traction ...........
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Expert

Name: Travis
Merit: 7

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:19 am

mine does the same thing every now and then
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
deekster_caddy
Master

Name: Derek
Merit: 106

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:29 am

I've never had a light come on during a low-traction situation. I'd guess you are low on brake fluid... sometimes it's hard to see the true level through the side of the reservoir, have you checked with the cap off?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Expert

Name:
Merit: 114

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:58 am

Mr Riviera - for your diagnosis

1) check brake fluid level pronto, and *also* check for leaks at wheel cylinders (lines and bleeder screws) and on brake lines especially where exposed to road grit and salt spray from tires. Other than obvious wetness, any accumulation of moist dirt may indicate a leak - you'll have to clean and check.

2) while parked, engage and disengage the praking brake as you usually do. Then (most likely with your toe) lift UP on the parking brake. If the pedal can be moved toward you, your pedal return spring has probably weakened with time and probably should be replaced.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
mr riviera
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:37 pm

e brake works correctly , res is full . its gotta be a t/c issue beacuse if i turn it off and loose traction it doesnt happen ....
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name: Derek
Merit: 106

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:32 pm

It could be a problem with your ABS head then. The TC uses the ABS unit to brake the slipping wheel. Have you tried a full-brake-pedal lock up stop? (Be Careful and Watch out for flying interior objects) If my theory is right, that should also cause your light to come on. Do it in an empty parking lot in case it causes you to lose control (ABS works for one wheel but another locking up could send you into a spin)
Back to top Go down
mr riviera
Amateur

PostSubject: Re: Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)   Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:55 pm

abs works correctly too , weve had lots of snow this year ...
i just did another test car DOES NOT chime while going foreward or backwards with break on ... thats odd too. suppsed to chime then ??
Back to top Go down

Brake Light and Chime (ding-ding-ding)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next