The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
racing007s
Amateur
racing007s

Name : Walt
Merit : 0

96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA   96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:15 pm

All glass of course... and window motors. The plan is to eventually take out the drivers seat and install my aluminum racing seat and 5pt. harness with a 4 pt. cage for better protection! The car has 217K on it too.... I'm trying to make it last a while but I do have a backup 3.8 SC motor with only 90K but hoping to put off that kind of work until a little later in the season... I have my fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hammerdownspeedway.com
racing007s
Amateur
racing007s

PostSubject: Re: 96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA   96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:16 pm

RhinoFLA, how much is it worth to you shipped... I can do without it if it means putting some fuel in the race tank!
Back to top Go down
RhinoFLA
Aficionado
RhinoFLA

Name : Ryan
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: 96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA   96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:21 pm

I forgot to ask, what color is it? I can always paint it but just wondering. Throw a price out there and we'll work it out, I have no idea how much that's worth.
Back to top Go down
racing007s
Amateur
racing007s

PostSubject: Re: 96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA   96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:37 pm

It's like a light tan color to match the saddle leather interior! This thing has the coin holders built in too... the inside of the box is black in kind of a velvet liner.!

I'll take $35 + shipping

Seems fair... Send me a PM
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: 96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA   96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 9:15 pm

racing007s wrote:
Oh yea! I use 2nd gear and rev. it to about 4500... barely waking up all the ponies!!!

I have noticed the Riv has a nice aluminum bumper on the front, good for shoving those ricers around....

How many times has the Riv been raced on the dirt track?
I guess if it were me I would just leave the engine stock(sounds like power is not a problem), and try to make some screens or something to be sure the radiator and air cleaner dont get full of dirt, but you have probably already done that.

As long as the water temperature stays cool and you run some good fuel you should be fine. Be sure and change the oil frequently.
Good Luck

Bert
Back to top Go down
racing007s
Amateur
racing007s

PostSubject: Re: 96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA   96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 9:22 pm

Thanks.. all that has been done! I was thinking once the other racers get tired of me handing them their butt on the track then they'll step it up and at that point I will need to modify for performance.... I like to get all the ideas on this as I can for when the time comes I'll have the knowledge to perform some backyard modifications for better performance.

I really appreciate all I have gotten so far and will take them to heart!
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: 96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA   96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 12:05 pm

racing007s wrote:
Rules are on the website...

Tires have to be street legal, that's it!

I put a set of 205-55-16's on with the stock rims in the front and have the spare doughnut tire in the left rear for stagger with a 205-60-16 on the right rear! It worked... perfect setup for the first run on the car! Now I'll be looking to more performance from the 3.8 Supercharger and the suspension if anyone has any idea's I'd like to hear'em.

Raced it again yet?

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
racing007s
Amateur
racing007s

PostSubject: Re: 96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA   96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 8:55 pm

No, Mother nature beat me this time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA   96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

96 SUPERCHARGED dirt circle tracker RIVIERA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2