Name : Charlie
Age : 31
Location : Toledo, OH
Joined : 2011-05-17
Post Count : 3900
Merit : 30
|Subject: Re: Write-Up: HID Conversion Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:37 am|| |
Has anyone successfully separated the plastic housing on their headlights?
Name : Matt
Age : 21
Location : Frederick, MD
Joined : 2012-01-15
Post Count : 2671
Merit : 49
|Subject: Re: Write-Up: HID Conversion Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:47 am|| |
- charlieRobinson wrote:
- Has anyone successfully separated the plastic housing on their headlights?
Just stick it in the oven and then gently pry it apart while it's still hot. I assume you're thinking about projectors?
Name : Aaron
Age : 39
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18278
Merit : 238
|Subject: Re: Write-Up: HID Conversion Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:08 pm|| |
'98 SC Riviera • 268k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch
'05 GTO • 49k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Name : paris
Age : 88
Location : new york
Joined : 2011-12-12
Post Count : 41
Merit : 10
|Subject: Re: Write-Up: HID Conversion Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:53 am|| |
my sky window will not open when i push the opener?
Location : Finger Lakes of New York State
Joined : 2007-05-31
Post Count : 6552
Merit : 122
|Subject: Re: Write-Up: HID Conversion Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:03 pm|| |
- firefighter wrote:
- my sky window will not open when i push the opener?
Moderator: please move this to the right thread or create a new thread.
Firefighter: You're really 87?
Your electric sky window won't open. I need more info to help you. The problem could be mechanical or electrical. So tell me:
- How long have you owned the car, what year is it, what model is it, can you post a picture?
- is there any evidence of water intrusion on the headliner inside the car near the "sky window" opening
- is there any corrosion visible on the roof outside the car near the "sky window" opening
- have you ever modified or repaired the wiring, and is there any evidence of that haveing been done previously
- while you have owned the car has the "sky window" ever operated, and when did it stop