HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Write-Up: Replacing Supercharger Belt Tensioner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
matt270avian
Addict

Name : Matt
Merit : 49

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Replacing Supercharger Belt Tensioner   Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:31 pm

Ordered a new one. Still squeaking after replacing the smooth and grooved pulleys (smooth one was rough upon spinning anyways, and I got a 3.5" grooved instead of a 3" because of the smaller SC pulley). $3.99 one day shipping through Amazon woooooooooo.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Addict

Name : Matt
Merit : 49

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Replacing Supercharger Belt Tensioner   Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:32 am

Alright, I got mine in (Gates) and I have some things to say.

The Gates tensioner was the cheapest one I could find with a name that I trusted.

The grooved pulley that comes with it is made of plastic. I ripped it off later on down the road and replaced it with a 3.5" metal grooved to make up for the smaller SC pulley.

There are washers between the bolts and the pulleys on this model. DO NOT USE THEM. Take your old bolts from your old tensioner and re-use them. The reason behind this is that if you have the bolt tight, the washer restricts the pulley and will not allow it to spin freely (or at all, really). If you have it loose enough for the pulley to spin freely, the bolt can be undone by hand and will cause either the pulley or the belt to fall off (the latter happened to me).

All of this being said, I should have probably spent the extra cash and got the Delco tensioner. This one is working great with the old bolts though, so I'll just leave it be.

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: Replacing Supercharger Belt Tensioner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5