Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Jack the TaRd strikes again!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Jack the TaRd strikes again! Empty
PostSubject: Jack the TaRd strikes again!   Jack the TaRd strikes again! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 8:07 pm

My alter-ego, Jack the TaRd, made a real bonehead move today. He went to get a little final welding done at the welding place, driving there with the STB on and removing it at the shop. When the welding was done, the brace couldn't be put back on until the weld was ground down. This is o.k.,as Rivieras don't usually have an STB and can survive without them. Unfortunately, Mr. TaRd had left the Riv ready to receive the STB, and drove off with only 1 strut mount nut holding on each mount. Uh oh oops . Mr. TaRd is sometimes very lucky though - his next stop was the hardware store only a mile away, where he stopped to replace a new strut mount nut because he dropped one into one of the engine bay's many black holes a few days earlier. So all the nuts were happily bolted back into place before anyone had a chance to die.

Oddly enough, there was no sign whatsoever that the strut mounts weren't bolted up right. The car drove fine.

What do you think the chances are that my alignment is now totally fracked? I haven't noticed it pulling one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Jack the TaRd strikes again!   Jack the TaRd strikes again! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Fracked alignment no.

Slightly off maybe.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis

PostSubject: Re: Jack the TaRd strikes again!   Jack the TaRd strikes again! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 11:00 pm

LMFAO......... sorry haha.... i'll never do this though since now evertime i take off the strut bar i'll think of this
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Jack the TaRd strikes again!   Jack the TaRd strikes again! EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 8:35 am

I'm sure it'll be fine, Jack. We've all done things we wished we hadn't. Once I drove my '70 Olds away from the gas station. Decided to give her a nice WOT stomp. At the next light, a fellow motorist pointed out that I'd left my gas cap off the filler, which in those days was behind the flip-down license plate. I'd left a trail of fuel on the street 1/8 mile long!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Jack the TaRd strikes again!   Jack the TaRd strikes again! EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:13 am

It'll be a stupid mistake like this that gets me in the end, I'm sure.

AA - I've got one of those flip-down license plate cars too. It's a clean arrangement but I wonder if my tank would explode if I were ever rear ended?
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis

PostSubject: Re: Jack the TaRd strikes again!   Jack the TaRd strikes again! EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 9:41 am

Jack the R wrote:
It'll be a stupid mistake like this that gets me in the end, I'm sure.

AA - I've got one of those flip-down license plate cars too. It's a clean arrangement but I wonder if my tank would explode if I were ever rear ended?

thats only in festiva's razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Jack the TaRd strikes again!   Jack the TaRd strikes again! EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 10:05 am

^^^Pintos!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack the TaRd strikes again!   Jack the TaRd strikes again! Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack the TaRd strikes again!
Page 1 of 1