The 8th Gen Riviera Resource
 
HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Share
 

 My 1998 SC Rivera

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
florence_x
Enthusiast
florence_x

Name : Florence
Age : 33
Location : New York City
Joined : 2008-01-14
Post Count : 224
Merit : 21

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:06 am

AA wrote:
Thanks, guys. I got lucky finding the color on such a low-mile Riv. Had light green pinstripes believe it or not... peeled them off the first month, lol.


That color is beautiful, such a great, uncommon color for the Riv.
She looks wonderful!

And good job on getting rid of the pinstripes.
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Age : 76
Location : Muskegon, Michigan
Joined : 2007-03-16
Post Count : 781
Merit : 8

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:09 am

I really liked the Enkei wheels that were on my dark green '96' , but i wanted some chrome wheels that were reflective that I put on the pearl white '98' (Helo Axe)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18370
Merit : 241

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 10:41 am

I wanted chrome 5 spokes for a long time, but they were just too expensive. I was on the look-out for the Enkeis, saw them on craigslist for a good deal, so I just got them.

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
nothincame2mind
Aficionado


Name : Ryan
Age : 34
Location : Columbia, Missouri
Joined : 2007-01-19
Post Count : 1182
Merit : 20

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 pm

AA wrote:
My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 CalPic2011

I've always loved that color...
Back to top Go down
crlombardi69
Enthusiast


Name : Chris L
Age : 51
Location : Metro/Detroit area
Joined : 2009-12-31
Post Count : 207
Merit : 5

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: temp   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:43 am

I love the color of your car and it is in such nice condition for the age of the car with that many miles on it. Don't take those comments the wrong way because its age and miles make it even more impressive imo! Your color,the midnight blue metallic and the pearl white are the most sought after and nearly impossible to find in good enough condition with a price that's somewhat reasonable. If mine only looked half as clean as some of you guy's cars while I have the lower miles with absolutely spotless engine internals. I need to replace the rear bumper cover and rr wheelwell trim and refurbish the frt bumper cover to spec just to be able to display It with pride hear. hopefully I will get those parts from Eric b/c he's got just what I need to fix it up and I'm in negotiations w/him now for these items. that'll cover the exterior and let me get my polished him and new gen v on along with the Lq4 maf and new 4" intake and giant K&N filter in the FW! That's just to feel adequate enough to get into the showroom proudly here!
Back to top Go down
http://crlombardi69@yahoo.com
flyineagle96
Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Age : 51
Location : Dalton,Mass
Joined : 2009-12-21
Post Count : 915
Merit : 23

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 6:26 pm

AA,are those rim's you have, stock Riv chromies? I'm looking for some for my 93,i have a set of nice bonnie chromes,but want some Buick.The ultra wheels are nice!!!
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18370
Merit : 241

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: temp2   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:40 am

Quote :
AA,are those rim's you have, stock Riv chromies?
Yep, chrome 7-spoke 'signature' rims, stock option for the Riv after '95. They were used on a lot of Buicks in the late '90s.

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18370
Merit : 241

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Taken mid-April this year:

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 IMG_5238

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 IMG_5236

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 IMG_5241

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Age : 34
Location : Toledo, OH
Joined : 2011-05-17
Post Count : 3921
Merit : 30

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 8:53 am

Love those wheels! SWEET.
Back to top Go down
69GSColorado
Fanatic
69GSColorado

Name : Jordon
Joined : 2011-07-16
Post Count : 406
Merit : 29

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:05 am

That does look pretty sweet. AA, get some tint on those windows! Then it'd look nasty! wink
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Age : 58
Location : las vegas
Joined : 2007-12-17
Post Count : 5561
Merit : 142

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 am

Boy,other cars just look mediocre and bulbous next to a Riv
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Age : 34
Location : Toledo, OH
Joined : 2011-05-17
Post Count : 3921
Merit : 30

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:12 am

69GSColorado wrote:
That does look pretty sweet. AA, get some tint on those windows! Then it'd look nasty! wink
I was thinking the same thing! Probably a risky idea because AA is ALWAYS riding dirty.. LOL joker
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18370
Merit : 241

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:38 am

Thanks, robo. I agree!

Tint looks great, but it can get you into trouble parking in the city, or when the 5.0 pulls you over. I just let everyone see what's in the car (nothing usually).

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Location : Macomb, Michigan
Joined : 2010-02-24
Post Count : 4309
Merit : 185

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 am

AA wrote:
Tint looks great, but it can get you into trouble parking in the city, or when the 5.0 pulls you over. I just let everyone see what's in the car (nothing usually).

Funny you say that, because when I got pulled over for the tints, it was the ONLY time I had something in the car.....figures.

What color is your car? I've never see that color on a Riv I don't think. Unless you had it painted suspect
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Age : 34
Location : Toledo, OH
Joined : 2011-05-17
Post Count : 3921
Merit : 30

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:53 am

I've never seen another color like AAs either. Supa rare.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18370
Merit : 241

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:54 am

It's called slate green metallic. Only about 800 Rivs painted this color according to Comp9 site. It's original, but one side has been repainted - twice. I think there's a magnet inside the driver door, LOL.

Since Buick made interiors to match/compliment the exterior, it's next to impossible to find interior parts.

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Location : Macomb, Michigan
Joined : 2010-02-24
Post Count : 4309
Merit : 185

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:01 am

Slate Green. I've seen pictures where the car looked green. In the above pics it looks grey...hence the slate. I like it.

Yeah, I suppose finding Interior parts for a 1 in 900 color would suck rockets
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Age : 34
Location : Toledo, OH
Joined : 2011-05-17
Post Count : 3921
Merit : 30

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 am

Nah, when the time comes, just paint the interior. found parts wont look as fresh as newly painted parts.


Last edited by charlieRobinson on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18370
Merit : 241

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:23 am

Interior is holding up well so far. I've had good luck painting the gauge pod to match, so might go that route when needed.

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Age : 27
Location : Wisconsin
Joined : 2011-02-07
Post Count : 590
Merit : 17

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:35 pm

I actually saw a Riv about a month ago that was slate green. I checked the wheels to see if it was AA's! ha
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18370
Merit : 241

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 1:55 pm

I've seen only one or two the same color on the road. It's weird, because I immediately think of it as a potential donor car to keep mine alive!

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Age : 34
Location : Toledo, OH
Joined : 2011-05-17
Post Count : 3921
Merit : 30

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:00 pm

LOL KILL EM ALL!

I saw 2 Rivs pass me yesterday evening. Both times, i lean half way out my car yelling at them throwing up gang signs and both times they never even turned to acknowledge me. 

I hope their POS Rivs all die painless deaths so the REAL Riv owners will only be in possession of these BADASS CARS.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master


Name : Derek
Age : 47
Location : Reading, MA
Joined : 2007-01-31
Post Count : 7717
Merit : 109

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:40 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
LOL KILL EM ALL!

I saw 2 Rivs pass me yesterday evening. Both times, i lean half way out my car yelling at them throwing up gang signs and both times they never even turned to acknowledge me. 

I hope their POS Rivs all die painless deaths so the REAL Riv owners will only be in possession of these BADASS CARS.
2 little old ladies had heart attacks last night thanks to you!
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Age : 34
Location : Toledo, OH
Joined : 2011-05-17
Post Count : 3921
Merit : 30

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:43 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:


charlieRobinson wrote:
LOL KILL EM ALL!

I saw 2 Rivs pass me yesterday evening. Both times, i lean half way out my car yelling at them throwing up gang signs and both times they never even turned to acknowledge me. 

I hope their POS Rivs all die painless deaths so the REAL Riv owners will only be in possession of these BADASS CARS.


2 little old ladies had heart attacks last night thanks to you!
Nah, they were both toledo lookin homies. Probably hating the fact they have to drive a buick while they work at walmart for 9 hours a day. 

If they only knew.....
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18370
Merit : 241

My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 4:03 pm

I usually get a respectful wave of acknowledgement from fellow Riv owners. I've never tried throwing gang signs, though.

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Sponsored content




My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 1998 SC Rivera   My 1998 SC Rivera - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
My 1998 SC Rivera
Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» THOAI NGOC HAU FC 1998
» Which teams got better(1998)?
» 1998 Honda 300 4Trax - SOLD
» 1998 Ford F50 XLT Ext Cab Exc Cond. Loaded, 108K miles
» Undertaker vs Mankind - KotR 1998

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riviera Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: