The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Good Battery Replacement?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

FAQ: Good Battery Replacement? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Good Battery Replacement?   FAQ: Good Battery Replacement? - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 7:44 am

Years ago AC Delco/Delphi was the only option. Now aftermarket has batteries with the correct vent openings and sometimes even the vent tube (which is often broken). Due to the weather-safe location under the back seat, and the high CCA requirement, the "correct" battery will last a long time pretty much no matter what the brand name is on it.

The 'green dot' doesn't mean it's going to pass a load test wink

I bought a battery for an '04 Buick LeSabre that came with the vent tube assembly attached from Advanced Auto Parts. I can't remember the name of the brand they carry off the top of my head, but it was several years ago and it's still working properly...
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 111

FAQ: Good Battery Replacement? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Good Battery Replacement?   FAQ: Good Battery Replacement? - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 4:55 pm

Thanks Derek,

I went to Advance Auto Parts and got one for the Riv. Exact fit. No problems with vent tubes or install.

The old one just wouldn't take a charge anymore and would drop to 6 volts under a load.

Managed to find a $40.00 off code for Advanced, so saved some bucks and I'm back on the road with the Riv after about 5 months. smile
Back to top Go down

FAQ: Good Battery Replacement?
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8