Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

What causes a fuse to blow right when you put a new one in?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

Name : Ben
Merit : 2

What causes a fuse to blow right when you put a new one in? Empty
PostSubject: What causes a fuse to blow right when you put a new one in?   What causes a fuse to blow right when you put a new one in? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 6:49 pm

My parents have a 1990 LeSabre, and I don't really know anything about electronics.

The fuse for the radio and some other stuff (chimes, etc.) is out. I put a new one in, and it just blew it right away. It sparked a little when I put it in, then it immediately blew.

I know they've (my parents) have spent a lot of time trying to get electrical gremlins fixed... and many times, the guys at shops and even DEALERS do not know what they are doing.

So how can I save them some time (and money) - anybody know anything about these kinds of problems? Also, the horn just went out... but I think that's on a different fuse, but there is also a relay for it.

I know this is a Series I question, but it's not a "go-fast," thread so I figured I'd put it under electronics.
Back to top Go down
Dj Brady
Enthusiast

Name : Brady
Merit : 0

What causes a fuse to blow right when you put a new one in? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What causes a fuse to blow right when you put a new one in?   What causes a fuse to blow right when you put a new one in? EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 7:34 pm

a fuse immediately blowing means you've got a dead short somewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.328studios.com

What causes a fuse to blow right when you put a new one in?
Page 1 of 1