Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!

Go down 
+11
DEMonte1997
Mr.Riviera
xxxneeduwhenicry
millerje18
Shintsu
AA
IBx1
albertj
1998 Riv
T Riley
dreww
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 1:42 am

I found 16797762 as a part number but think its for a GRAY colored bezel.

Anyone know the TAN color bezel part number?
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 5:49 pm

bumping up....???
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:14 am

fyi - 16786324

well see if its right when it arrives.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 9:41 am

im dumb right now........ whats a bezel?? the rear seat cover?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Do you mean for the power seat switches? My passenger side piece broke off the bottom half last weekend, the part that the lower screw goes thru. Need to check with Ed M for a replacement.
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 1:33 am

1998 Riv wrote:
Do you mean for the power seat switches? My passenger side piece broke off the bottom half last weekend, the part that the lower screw goes thru. Need to check with Ed M for a replacement.
yes, its the housing that the power seat controls sit in.

its less than $5 new I think so no point in calling ED for that.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:09 am

Yeah, but I'm pissed at my dealer for pulling my discounts, so I don't want to go there on principle. Gotta check the other local dealership though.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:12 am

I wonder if they are identical for all 95-99 models? I'm thinking about a parts order to GMPD, so I could just add this in for cheap.

$2.59 at GMPD, no color mentioned, or L vs R. I believe interior plastic trim frequently comes in generic gray and has to be painted to match. At least that was the case with my 89 F150 a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Many of the interior trim parts are gray and have to be painted. Sometimes the dealer's bodyshop will do it if they are shooting that color on interior trim that day (there are not that many interior trim colors).

I've seen the paint matching the Riv interiors at CarQuest - take the busted one to be sure.

I have only had to order the trim bezel once, and they had my color (that red-maroon they used on the 1998's). But the number on the replacement was different from the "engineering" number molded into the inside of the bezel.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: NOOOOO!!! BROKEN SEAT SWITCH!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:06 am

As I went to move my car this morning after seeing how crooked I parked, my foot hit the recliner switch and snapped the top part right off!!! I have a full, intact switch hanging down by the bottom, swiveling part, and I have the full, luckily un-snapped(I think, I hope) switch shaft which goes from the button down into the seat assembly to adjust the recliner, but they're not together anymore!!! Luckily I won't have to adjust the reclining part because that's just where it needs to be, but what do I do!!!??? I'm gonna take a look at it when I get home, but until then will I have to take this to a Buick dealer and about how much do you think it'll cost?
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:19 am

Hard to say without seeing photos, but I'd take the switch out and see about using epoxy to weld it back together.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Eugh, I went to the local dealership today, they said the only way to fix it was to replace the entire switch assembly, which would cost $140. That is, it would cost $140 if it weren't a discontinued part.

For now, the seat back is right where it has to be, and if anything I'll just stick a small screwdriver in to work the switch.
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 5:23 pm

This my friend is where you need a junkyard. Seriously, junkyards around me have a ton of '95 Rivs with the power seat switch still in them. No idea what they'd charge for that though.
Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

Name : Jordan
Merit : 1

PostSubject: this seat adjuster is annoying. / small problem!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 pm

my passenger seat adjuster popped out 3 months ago. I clicked it back in and then the next day it popped back out. This keeps happening. I think a plastic piece must of chipped or something. What should i do?

Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! IMAGE_024

Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! IMAGE_023
Back to top Go down
xxxneeduwhenicry
Fanatic
xxxneeduwhenicry

Name : Kelly
Merit : -3

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 1:43 am

just rip the whole thing out and say the hell with it lol j/k....i had the same problem before i wrecked my riv but the only diffrence was my seat adjusters didnt work to begin with so i just duct taped it lol
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:17 am

epoxy the broken plastic back together

Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:33 am

is there a place where someone could fix it. im guessing a regular buick dealer wouldnt be able to help. But maybe they would know. idk!?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:15 pm

The tab with the little screw on the bottom is broken.
I broke mine like that once and just got another from the dealer. The part number is stamped on the back, you can try GMPartsDirect.com.

One reason to get it from the dealer is that if it's only available in Gray or some such, dealer may need to repaint it -- if it is a current color they may do it for cheap or free if there is a car in the dealer's body shop calling for that interior color. Hopefully they have 'em in your color. You can try epoxying it back together - you have to take the screw our of the seat and then glue it all together and reinstall. It will likely break again. One alternative gluing solution would be to epoxy on a metal tab.

bottom line is get a new one, or if you can go to a u-pull yard then go pull one.
Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:16 pm

thanks im a run to the buick dealer today to see what they can do. the last thing i want to do is epoxy it though.

EDIT: nope the buick dealer discontinued the seat adjusters for rivieras. i hope i can find a junk yard with a riv in it. I can barely find them on the street being driven.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 12:32 am

http://www.moradpartscompany.com/

Try Ed Morad - you may have to phone him - see the website. He is parting out several RIvs.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 1:46 am

Yeah, definitely hit up Ed/Erik. They are amazing. Can't give them enough glowing reviews with all the parts they've gotten me for the Regal. So many great parts at very affordable prices. They get quite a lot of other 3800 powered cars, including Rivs of course. wink

email: GTPED@msn.com
Back to top Go down
manofmany
Addict

Name : manofmany
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Seat control trim part number   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:13 pm

The plastic piece that screws to the side of my drivers side seat has broken. Well, the pieces that screw in have broken and it's just hanging in there by the wires.

I pulled it off and the numbers on the inside say 16746588 but a search of gmpartsdirect shows nothing. Any idea where I might be able to get a number for this than a local dealership?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:20 pm

You can always get the number from a dealership, then say "No Thanks" and walk out with the number. OTOH you might find the price _very_ reasonable. That kind of stuff can be surprisingly inexpensive sometimes.
Back to top Go down
manofmany
Addict

Name : manofmany
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:49 pm

I guess I'll just go ahead and do that. Being a piece of plastic I can't imagine it being over $15.

I get to get back in the drivers seat Saturday so I'm getting her ready smile
Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 8:47 pm

tell me wat u did in the end to get ur seat adjuster fixed cuz the same thing happened to me? The plastic screw thing popped off and now mine is just hanging also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next