Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra

Go down 
+3
BillBoost37
ibmoses
98RIV7777
7 posters
AuthorMessage
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

Name : Anthony
Merit : 1

Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra Empty
PostSubject: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 11:03 pm

I am trying to find any and all help I can on how to remove both left and right interior door panels on the rear doors. The problem is, both rear doors will not open. My guess is that the links are not connected to the locking mechanisms and the doors are stuck locked. I do not want to do any damage and am affriad to use a slim jim in fear of doing damage to the glass tracks, or anything else. Please someone help me with any and all ideas on what I can do.
Back to top Go down
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 11:05 pm

I know that we usually only like too talk about rivs but I know alot of us also have Park Ave's, and I am in a real jam here right now, so thanks for any and all help you give me
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 7:13 am

A body shop might be able to help you out. Those guys usually know the tricks.

Bert:tavis:
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 am

That is a tough spot. Usually you need a bit of room. How about pulling the bottom cushion of the back seat to gain more room and then pull the panel as usual?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 10:35 am

i really doubt you have enough room to get the door panel off with the door closed. it's had enough trying not to break the tabs even with the right tools and the door open. i say you need to get a slim jim and pop the lock. it's not that difficult, and it takes more than a little nudge to break a window track. do you have a kit or were you going to have someone else break in?

Back to top Go down
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 10:50 am

I have a slim jim, but its a cheap one from harbor freight so I hope it works. But does anyone know where theres write-ups for takin the door panels off and other write-ups for park ave's, because I am afraid of breaking something using the wrong tools or method.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:01 am

The doors do not open - or the doors do not open from inside? I am confused, and wondering if it's just that the child latchers were flipped. That is, on the rear door jambs there is a lever that deactivates the door actuators so that the doors can not be opened from inside.

You did try both inside and outside handles, right?

Otherwise I agree with the other advice, time to get help from a bodyshop.

Also - might want to call the dealer's body shop - if there is some trick involved here they will probably know it.

Albertj

Last edited by albertj on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:34 am

There's a PA section on regalgs.org. It doesn't get much action, only 6 posts so far, but what the hell.
Back to top Go down
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 6:11 pm

Ok, this is the situation: The left rear dor does not open from outside the car but does from the inside handle and my right rear door will not open from the outside or inside handle.
Back to top Go down
'96reese
Fanatic

Name : Reese
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 7:03 pm

get yourself a good set of body panel pliers. just like on the riv look for all the screws and take them off. then take the body panel pliers and wedge them up under the lower left side of the door(left door), and pop that plastic pin out. you should be able to work your way all the way around the door doing that. more than likely you will have sum clips in the center of the door so be careful if the door doesn't pull away from the frame. if you brake the plastic pins dont worry about it too much you should be able to go to a parts store or the dealer for those pins. now if you brake the part the holds the pins to the door panel your phucked, jus dont brake too many of them cause then your panel will not stay on.
Back to top Go down
'96reese
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 7:24 pm

heres a link to an ebay site that has a good set of panel pliers....mind you i bought one for $30 from cornwell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-D-Tools-3-Pc-Body-Clip-Set_W0QQitemZ180263514655QQihZ008QQcategoryZ35625QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[url][/url]
Back to top Go down
'96reese
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 7:24 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-D-Tools-3-Pc-Body-Clip-Set_W0QQitemZ180263514655QQihZ008QQcategoryZ35625QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

my bad try this one
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 11:14 pm

OK - I bet if you stop by the dealer's body shop when they are not too busy, they wil ltell you hoe to tak off the door panel. I don't have a PA manual and am not going to pretend to know it all.

I will say (since you asked) that it sounds like one or more of the plastic retainers that hole the remote rods in place came off for some reason. It is probably not that tough to fix if you can go to a junkyard and get similar parts off a similar car (GM did not change those clips much year-to-year).

good luck

Albertj

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra   Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Help me with new Park Avenue Ultra
Page 1 of 1