Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Interior Lights come on during hard right handers???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dj Brady
Enthusiast

Name : Brady
Merit : 0

Interior Lights come on during hard right handers??? Empty
PostSubject: Interior Lights come on during hard right handers???   Interior Lights come on during hard right handers??? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 8:54 am

So last night I was playing around a little bit, romping through what we call the "Palisades" in Jessamine County. It's a twistly little road that traces the edge of some small bluffs. Lots of fun to cook through while locked down in 2nd. smile

So last night on a couple of tire squalling right handers, my interior light came on through the tightest parts of the turn. I figure it's not a "roll-over" alarm. wink What sensors should I start checking? I've actually tightened both driver and passenger doors since I've had the car to reduce window rattle while driving (by tightening the latch assemblies, both on body and in door), so I can't imagine it's the door ajar sensor in the left door, but I guess anything's possible?

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.328studios.com
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Interior Lights come on during hard right handers???   Interior Lights come on during hard right handers??? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:02 am

YEEEEE HAW!!!!!!
Interior Lights come on during hard right handers??? 1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-DOH-Jump-Police-Cars-1600x1200
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Interior Lights come on during hard right handers???   Interior Lights come on during hard right handers??? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:52 am

not much help, but that's an awesome pic!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Interior Lights come on during hard right handers???   Interior Lights come on during hard right handers??? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 10:11 am

ideas?

Mybe the following:

1) check the wiring bundles that pass into the door via the door jambs. Some RIvs develop shorts there.

2) Did you consider changing the alignment of the windows instead of moving the latches? The latch in the door has the switch that turns on the lights. Maybe you overtorqued it.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Dj Brady
Enthusiast

Name : Brady
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Interior Lights come on during hard right handers???   Interior Lights come on during hard right handers??? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 7:00 pm

LMAO!! That WAS a good pic smile Thanks for the laugh.

Albert, it's possible that it's overtorqued, I can adjust them back out just a bit to see, but I tightened them just a bit because the rattly window (which I realized more recently is just because my window guides are worn out and I need to replace them, god willing, if I can ever find a way past the metal door panel under the interior panel. But I also adjusted the door in a bit because it felt like it was closing kind of sloppily. Since I've adjusted it in a bit, it feels like it closes with a firmer "thump" instead of a "ba-thump-a-thumpy" kind of sound.. (yeah, I talk in sound effects) smile

I'll also check for shorts at the harness through the hinge area, thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.328studios.com
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Interior Lights come on during hard right handers???   Interior Lights come on during hard right handers??? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 7:30 pm

sorry I couldn't help you out...but reading your description this is the first thing that popped into my hungover mind....
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Interior Lights come on during hard right handers???   Interior Lights come on during hard right handers??? EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 11:15 pm

I see.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interior Lights come on during hard right handers???   Interior Lights come on during hard right handers??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Interior Lights come on during hard right handers???
Page 1 of 1