Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Karma's Riv

Go down 
+39
ghpcnm
tdog652
Z-type
flyineagle96
stan
Sweepspear
turtleman
BMD
Hometown Hero
woggy
robotennis61
sburch23
sqrivi
95ParkAveUltra
L67
xxsupergman25xx
wootzgarage
jamie
Timbo2Rivs
palermocorey90
jimmyriv
Rickw
TonySmooth89
ibmoses
djlorenzana
Supercharged
99Rivman
BoattailBob
lyonsperformance
1wickedninja
AA
IBx1
Jack the R
oldsman105
ewolfe0050
deekster_caddy
Chicken
SuperRiv07
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

Karma's Riv - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karma's Riv   Karma's Riv - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:00 pm

Any updates Karma?
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

Karma's Riv - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karma's Riv   Karma's Riv - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:29 am

eh, fraid not really.

I didn't do much over the winter cause it was too damn cold. Now that the weather is getting better, I'll pull the spare engine out and finally start building it up/mocking things up. I'm also still aquiring parts for the coilover conversion. I've got the spindles, wheelbearings, lower control arms, ball joints, and series 2 brake hardware. Just need to pull the trigger on the coilover part themselves. The money I keep setting aside for getting them just seems to get sucked to other things. At this point I've saved and spent on other things enough for 5 sets of coilovers. Its balls really.

Also the plan was to take the 95 off the road for most of this summer to do the major work. Now that I'm driving it again, I'm not sure if I want to. The transmission is slipping a good amount, and based on the frequency that I need to empty the PCV catch can there is a good amount of blow-by. Which isn't too suprising since its been running 11PSI of boost for getting on 5 years now. It needs a break and some R&R, but its just so much fun to drive! Plus,if I take it off the road then I'll have to bus into work, since the wife needs the other car. I'm thinking of picking up a motorcycle in a few months, then getting the riv off the road so I can finally get all this stuff done.

Look forward to some cool updates and things this summer though. I've been going into machine shop withdrawal all winter, so its time for shit to happen.

Karma's Riv
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: