Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

mobile MP3 player mounting solutions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

mobile MP3 player mounting solutions Empty
PostSubject: mobile MP3 player mounting solutions   mobile MP3 player mounting solutions EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:19 pm

This is just to show what I'm finding, by trial and error, to be the best way to hard-mount an iPOD to the dash of a riv. I chose to use a Belkin mounting kit which included a variety of cup-holder attachements and such but all I'm using is the dock for the iPOD its self. I mounted the dock to a simple "L" bracket which I cut and drilled to fit. The bracket attaches the iPOD dock to the black plastic lining that goes all the way across the bottem of the dash. You hardly see this piece in the first place so I felt reasonably comfortable with drilling a couple holes into it. They are not too hard to come by in the bone yards either. It doesn't have much structural support so don't try mounting anything very heavy to it. My iPOD, dock, and steel bracket are holding just fine on it with no vibration or movement.

Here's some pics of the placement.

mobile MP3 player mounting solutions F88884a3

mobile MP3 player mounting solutions 3fa845b9

mobile MP3 player mounting solutions 754b41d6

mobile MP3 player mounting solutions Ab7653b2

In comparison, the following picture is of how I had it before. In this location, I couldn't see it unless I moved away from the usual position in the seat. Most of the time I chose, instead, to just pick the iPOD up off the dock, find my selection, and put it back. That kind of sucked a little bit either way. The other difference that I should mention is that my old connection from iPOD to reciever was through the headphone jack at the top of the ipod whereas I now use a digital connection at the bottem of the iPOD, so that also affects where you can mount the it.

Photobucket

Last edited by turtleman on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

mobile MP3 player mounting solutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: mobile MP3 player mounting solutions   mobile MP3 player mounting solutions EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Nice custom job!

These guys make clips that snap into the gaps between the lower dash and middle dash that fits the Riv perfectly (and many other cars). I've been very impressed with the quality too -

http://www.proclipusa.com/Default.asp
Link to Riviera page
Back to top Go down

mobile MP3 player mounting solutions
Page 1 of 1