Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android

Go down 
+25
dreww
LT1Squirrel
dboydakid
charlieRobinson
Mr.Riviera
nebstewart07
J. Chris Davis
Eldo
GMFreak8
Rickw
96RivSCMI
98riv
99 Riviera 99
TonySmooth89
ewolfe0050
1wickedninja
Chicken
T Riley
IBx1
Shintsu
BoattailBob
AA
deekster_caddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

Name : Ben Stewart
Merit : 6

Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Android app Scan tool   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Has anyone used the app Tourque which can clear codes via a bluetooth obd2 interface? The app is free or you can pay $5 which gets you more features. You can also check on many different things regarding you car. Just wondering if anyone has used it. I am thinking about buying the bluetooth interface and using it. you can upload data to the internet.

Edit: after thread was moved
Ok well thread got moved to a whole thread about the iphone and one app. Sometimes i hate when stuff like this happens. But it is what it is. I understand that some threads need to be combined but when an entire thread contain 6 pages of information about the iphone and one specific app why combine it? It seems to get out of hand sometimes. Maybe im just in a bad mood today. Who knows.

Edit: Well just bought a bluetooth adapter will have to see how this goes i suppose.

Last edited by nebstewart07 on Mon May 16, 2011 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:33 am

This thread is about automotive mobile apps, not iphones (or androids). If you read through it all, you'll see that. Sorry if I wrecked your world by merging the threads, but trust me, if I hadn't done it your thread would get lost in the abyss of other tiny topics that should have been merged with similar ones.

PS - your 3 consecutive posts are getting merged into one - no hard feelings!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:42 pm

I have read this entire thread twice and searched for droid in this thread. There are two posts(not counting mine) regarding the droid and it was whether the one iphone app that was discussed on 4 or 5 pages of this thread was on the android which was no. The other 2 or 3 pages are about the iphone and iphone prices. Why combine a thread about an iphone app and an iphone with a thread that is about an app on the android market. Later on no one wants to read 6 and a half pages of iphone related info to read a post about an android app. I know i sure wouldnt, Just a suggestion. My thread could have been reworded better but i was having a bad day.

Yes the combining of threads is a good thing when it is done right. But i feel(and im sure others feel the same way, because i have seen posts combine before and people complain) that sometimes it gets out of hand. Especially when a thread that is 2 or 3 years old with broken links etc is combined with a thread that is almost unrelated.

Sorry for my rant but i see stuff like this happen sometimes. Especially when i read old threads and you try to read them like responses but you look back and like wait we skipped from this to this hmm. Im sure there are some people that agree and just have not spoke up or maybe they have who knows.

Anyways, bluetooth connector came in today and my parents house(since i am moving and didnt know when it would arrive) so when i go up there this weekend, I will try it out and let you guys know how it goes.

PS no hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:47 pm

What I've got for my android is called Torque and then I bought the PLX Kiwi bluetooth OBD II reader for android. Works great. The app is like 5 bucks from the android market and the OBD II reader is $100 from amazon.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:35 pm

I have the Toque app too and it is one of the best scanners i have seen.
The developer is VERY active and was communicating with me trying to get a few of the kinks worked out.
Finally have working KR scanner with the app (didnt work on gm cars previous).
There is an update at least once a week adding new things.

Here are some of the pluses:
*You can add your own PID's so you can monitor anything the pcm can read.
*Supports just about any OBD2 car with 100's of parameters
*Reads codes, resets them and has info one them too
Can log multiple parameters
wirelessly monitors the pcm and has a fast response rate
You can change the monitors, number of gauges and sizes of the gauges

Cons:
On my 96 it seems to have a weird relay reset problem when it first connects (has never done this on any other car, including 97 rivs and 99 reglals)
Still not 100% of the parameters work on my car (like trans temp) may work on other rivs though.

For the price and ease of access i cant beat it.

Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:02 am

There were a few that didn't work for me either. One was the trans temp to and another off the top of my head was the voltage.
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Well im gonna try it out right now and see how it goes. As of right now I have the free version of tourque.
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:18 am

Well hooked up the bluetooth. Works good. Couldnt get the voltage to work but it will check codes and clear them. I didnt have any codes but i checked my dads car and he had code p0102 which is maf. So we changed the maf since we had an extra one arround and changed it. Then cleared the code and it stayed off. Good app. App was free or you can buy it for 5 dollars. And the obd2 bluetooth reader cost 20 dollars. Totally worth it. Because you always have you phone on you and the bluetooth is small so easy to put somewhere. or just leave it hooked up.
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:11 am

Ya, I like mine alot. The obd2 bluetooth I got came with an on/off switch so I just leave it plugged in all the time.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Kiwi PLX Bluetooth for Droid   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 6:00 am

Hey guys, ordering this today.

http://www.plxkiwi.com/kiwibluetooth/

From the website
Quote :

Kiwi Bluetooth turns your Droid mobile device into a powerful automotive tool.

OBDII Connectivity
Compatible with 1996+ Vehicles

Features Include:
Check Engine Scan Tool
Works with most Bluetooth enabled Droid Mobile Devices
MPG Gauges
Engine Sensors
Customizable Dashboard
Real-time Dyno
Data Logging
GPS Track
Connects to your OBDII Port

Anyone have one or have any experience with one? From what I gather Torque is the go to program for this little guy. This technology is awesome and I think it would be worth having some kind of tablet display mounted in the RIviera with this thing always running.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:46 am

Yes i have one and use torque. there is a thread on this somewhere already tho.

Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Mr.Riviera wrote:
Yes i have one and use torque. there is a thread on this somewhere already tho.

Did a search for Kiwi PLX and got nothin' so I made this thread.

Here is a link to a thread at the Torque forum. Not much to see but the first guy's post is my favorite. Great installation.

I want to get a touch screen where the ash tray/lighter and cd holder is.
Back to top Go down
dboydakid
Enthusiast
dboydakid

Name : noah rose
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:58 pm

what do u need to use this app???
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Here's the link for the app at the android market place
Click here!

I think you only need a bluetooth transmitter, the app, and something running the android OS.
I ordered the PLX kiwi today!
Back to top Go down
dboydakid
Enthusiast
dboydakid

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:12 am

thnx..what kind of bluetooth transmitter do you have
?
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:19 am

... Ordered the Kiwi PLX yesterday. I am looking at 10" tablets running the android Honeycomb Operating System. I would love to get the tablet installed in the console and have the Torque app monitors always on. Goodness, I love our spaceships.. I mean Rivieras..
3gears
Back to top Go down
dboydakid
Enthusiast
dboydakid

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:26 am

CHARLIE...i was thinking the same thing....i might get a sprint tablet ....
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:33 am

I was looking at the Toshiba and the Samsung Galaxy. I am going to hold off until after November. Black Friday + Chinese electronics = $avings
Back to top Go down
dboydakid
Enthusiast
dboydakid

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:09 am

smart move charlie..smart move
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:38 pm

Aww man, you merged this thread! I wanted to keep it strictly for the Kiwi PLX and Torque app! I don't you Ipod guys here!
Back to top Go down
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Info for all is on this thread.
Back to top Go down
LT1Squirrel
Enthusiast

Name : EB
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Scanning/Tuning with a smart phone   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:17 pm

With everyone having computers in their pockets today, how come i havent seen any threads about tuning with a phone?... Have there even been any advancements for this?
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:09 pm

I dunno how u would hook a powertuner up to a phone, but there is probably an attachment you could buy from radioshack to get HP tuners to work. The question is could a smartphone software run the HP tuner software?
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:30 pm

It can be done, but no one has taken the initiative yet. I think it will happen soon. There are scanning apps, and there are devices to communicate with OBDII, but no one has offered advanced parameters for iPhone. I think Droid has one app that offers the advanced GM parameters (aka knock retard).

I'm waiting patiently, and when the right app/scan package comes along, I'll pay a fair amount for it. The iPhone makes a pretty decent dash gauge too, as I've found. In the future, I hope to combine audio, video, GPS, scanning and tuning capability through the iPhone with quick release mount.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 pm

Can your guys' scanners do this!?
Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 Untitl10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android   Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Automotive Apps for iPhone & Android
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next