Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera

Go down 
+3
IBx1
Chicken
devilish21m
7 posters
AuthorMessage
devilish21m
Special

Name : James
Merit : 0

Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera Empty
PostSubject: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:54 am

Hey stumbled across your site and im gettin ready to buy a 1996 riviera supercharged

Image hosted by servimg.com
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:59 am

Congrats & Welcome!

I'm glad you didn't stumble upon this site:
http://www.hallelnet.com/von/info3/my_pretty_pony.htm
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
devilish21m
Special

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:00 am

ye that site woulda been bad to sumble upon well i was lookin up rivieras to see if it was a good buy and what their common problems were and gas mileage and stuff and thank you for the welcome
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:17 am

They're great cars with very little problems, which is almost a shame because they are very fun to work on...
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
devilish21m
Special

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:19 am

well the dealership told me they would replace the sensors it needs the abs and traction lights wouldnt go off and neither would the air bag light??? and the tape player is broke but .. dont own tapes anymore
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:22 am

If she's in good running condition, then you'll see, at the lowest, 17.5ish driving regularly around town. If you really baby it you can get 18 or higher, but once you hit the highway that's when you start to see 27, 29, hell, even 31 is possible with cruise control and the right roads! If you know what you're doing, it's possible to go higher.

The worst I've ever done, on my 'let's have some fun and really open up and listen to that supercharger' tank of gas, is 12.5 mpg.

The only bad thing about these cars is an addictive substance we like to call 'supercharged compressed air.' It's a very habit forming addiction!

Last edited by IBx1 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
devilish21m
Special

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:24 am

aaah thats my problem i have a very heavy foot ... i love to speed and a quick acceleration thats why my grand am is costin me 150 bux every 2 wks to go back and forth to work ... its only 12 miles away and i take a lot of country roads ... are the rivies good on roads like that or should i stick to interstate???
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:03 am

devilish21m wrote:
aaah thats my problem i have a very heavy foot ... i love to speed and a quick acceleration thats why my grand am is costin me 150 bux every 2 wks to go back and forth to work ... its only 12 miles away and i take a lot of country roads ... are the rivies good on roads like that or should i stick to interstate???

while you can modify almost any car (including rivieras) to improve performance in all areas of the car....in stock form the riviera is certainly an interstate vehicle IMHO. It takes quite a bit of suspension work to get these large body cars to handle even decently. But they arent nearly as bad as your full/mid size trucks/suvs

a heavy foot will eat your wallet. Gas consumption always increases with a heavy foot, but in supercharged motors it eats even more fuel. To top things off, you really need premium unleaded if you ever plan on driving this car hard.
Back to top Go down
devilish21m
Special

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:08 am

well i dont personally know much about cars i just generally have really bad luck even tho i drive fast and it has to be my luck cuz sumtimes the cars wont make it out of the dealership parkin lot b4 breakin down but i drove the riviera it was awesome good steerin and didnt really feel any bumps like you do in my grand am it just kinda makes me worry cuz they are beautiful cars and i work at a truck stop ... and i park around all the big arse semis .. ive had plenty of my cars hit by semis and they dont let u know but thats what full coverage is for right
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 6:02 pm

dreww wrote:
while you can modify almost any car (including rivieras) to improve performance in all areas of the car....in stock form the riviera is certainly an interstate vehicle IMHO. It takes quite a bit of suspension work to get these large body cars to handle even decently. But they arent nearly as bad as your full/mid size trucks/suvs

a heavy foot will eat your wallet. Gas consumption always increases with a heavy foot, but in supercharged motors it eats even more fuel. To top things off, you really need premium unleaded if you ever plan on driving this car hard.
agree
and
Welcome to the Forum thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 7:55 pm

Quote :

;agree; X2 Highway cruiser, but that can be changed with some work. Fuel economy isn't the car's strongpoint, but it's not too bad for long hauls. I average 18-20 MPG, and remember, it's premium always.

If you try, you can keep the dents away. Rivieras really show dents and imperfections, so try hard!!!

Oh, and welcome aboard. hi

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:01 pm

Congrats & Welcome to the forum, James! from another James.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera   Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey gettin ready to buy a riviera
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: