Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jhresto
Special

Merit : 0

Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv Empty
PostSubject: Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv   Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 5:11 pm

Hey everyone, I just purchased a 95 Riv. 31000 Original Miles, super clean car. I have been looking around on the site a bit, and wonder what I can get away with on the street as far as reliable perfomance and power. I am learning that there is a bit of difference between the Series 1 and Series 2 3800's, but how do I tell for sure what I can and can't do to this Series 1 engine? What kind of useful things do I need to purchase, or do, to get me going in the right direction as far as making a little bit more power. I gather I need a scanner, but which one. I have read alot about the 3.4" Underdrive pulley, and cooler stats, and plugs, I already installed a custom made exhaust with some wicked sounding Flowmaster 40's. I made a cold air scoop that brings in fresh cool air from below the front facia, and prefilters the air before it enters my gutted air box. I drive this car on a daily basis, it is going to be lowered an inch with Bilstein stuts, I am running 17" American Racing Dale Jr wheels, rear spoiler, and medium tinted glass. I have the Maroon on Maroon color combo. Car looks good, but needs more go fast goodness.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Chicken
Aficionado
Chicken

Name : Mark
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv   Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 6:05 pm

jhresto wrote:
I made a cold air scoop that brings in fresh cool air from below the front facia, and prefilters the air before it enters my gutted air box.

I would love to see this....can you post pics??
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv   Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Welcome and sounds nice lets see
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv   Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey there all... Just bought a 95 Riv
Page 1 of 1