Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

freaking radiator

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
'96reese
Fanatic

Name : Reese
Merit : 4

freaking radiator Empty
PostSubject: freaking radiator   freaking radiator EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 1:53 am

my damn radiator is leaking now. so i was driving today and noticed that my temp gaue was at 240. wtf mad mind you that todays temp got up to 110, so you know i had the ac blowing. so i got home waited about 2 hours for the car to calm down, and what do you know no coolant is visible in the radiator. my low coolant sensor isnt working, and new one is $130 from the dealer. i try to check it once a week before i drive to make sure its coolant in there. i added the good ol trusted green stuff. started the car drove it to the store and back, about a 15 mile trip, and when i got back popped the hood. what do you know........the left end cap of the rad is drippig coolant.
shout

now i have to price a rad for riv.....which im sure isnt goona be cheap. sometimes i dislike this car very much...... headbutt shoot rockets
Back to top Go down
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

Name : Josh
Merit : 5

freaking radiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: freaking radiator   freaking radiator EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:01 am

had the same thing happen to me about a month after i brought my riv. the rad was in the $200. and took about a hour and a half 2 do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/1wickedninja
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

freaking radiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: freaking radiator   freaking radiator EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 7:13 am

Were your fans on? (they should have been at 240)
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

Name : Blake
Merit : 0

freaking radiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: freaking radiator   freaking radiator EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 11:19 am

dont worry, my rivs goin to the shop for my blown radiator tomorrow, i need to get the whole sheebang
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

freaking radiator Empty
PostSubject: Re: freaking radiator   freaking radiator Empty

Back to top Go down

freaking radiator
Page 1 of 1