Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?

Go down 
+6
Steve98
Supercharged
captshiner
IBx1
AA
lyonsperformance
10 posters
AuthorMessage
lyonsperformance
Enthusiast
lyonsperformance

Name : Michael
Merit : 0

what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? Empty
PostSubject: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 7:39 am

I like the look but am uncertain if it takes away from the performance look of the rivs sleek design, or whether it adds to the sleeper look?
I need Feedback!

i saw this on cardomain, rims are too big for my taste. None the less, the car still looks cool.

Riv With the 20's on that bitch!
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:14 am

lyonsperformance wrote:
I like the look but am uncertain if it takes away from the performance look of the rivs sleek design

I'm certain, it does.

Quote :
or whether it adds to the sleeper look? I need Feedback!

No, it doesn't.

Quote :
i saw this on cardomain, rims are too big for my taste. None the less, the car still looks cool.

It does look "cool", but I wouldn't call it sleek or a sleeper. Sleepers usually stay stock-looking.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:19 am

What the hell kind of spacers is he using??
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

Name : Andrew
Merit : -1

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 11:20 am

That looks rediculous, I like the wire rims on old Impalas and Caddys, that just looks retarded. Then again, I'm really particular about rims.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572362129
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

Name : Blake

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 11:21 am

those look like 245 wide
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 11:22 am

actually the back tire looks like it could be a 225
Back to top Go down
Steve98
Steve98

Name : Steve
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:46 pm

I think that rim design would look really good with the Riv on smaller wheels. Those are much too big.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:47 pm

In the respect that I would never expect that to be fast, I could say it's a sleeper but that would require it to actually be fast, which those rims/parts are only handicaping it from stock performance.

All in all, I don't dig it. As I say with any car, if you have to lift it up to fit the wheels on it, they are too big. Biggest that should go on a riv is 20"

I'm sure in the dub world, that's a winner.
Back to top Go down
lyonsperformance
Enthusiast
lyonsperformance

Name : Michael

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 12:56 pm

turtleman wrote:
In the respect that I would never expect that to be fast, I could say it's a sleeper but that would require it to actually be fast, which those rims/parts are only handicaping it from stock performance.

All in all, I don't dig it. As I say with any car, if you have to lift it up to fit the wheels on it, they are too big. Biggest that should go on a riv is 20"

i totally agree big rims should be for larger vehicles, 20's should bve the limit on a car like the riv.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 1:03 pm

This pic does not do wire wheels justice. They are rediculously big.

By definition, adding wire wheels makes the car not a 'sleeper'. Finding some old black steelies would be 'sleeper'.
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 1:17 pm

lyonsperformance wrote:
turtleman wrote:

i totally agree big rims should be for larger vehicles, 20's should bve the limit on a car like the riv.

i totally have to disagree, 22's is way to go
when i put those 20's on my car my fenderwells swallowed the whole tire, you can really tell when you look up into the shocks.

the only way 20's look good is if you lower the car

Photobucket

Now you tell me the car doesnt swallow those 20's
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 1:22 pm

If you want to fill the wheel wells you could put a bigger sidewall instead of a larger rim, and get some ride comfort back. Personally I can't stand the ride quality from a 35 series tire.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 2:27 am

What size tires are pictured there with the 20"s?
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 2:38 am

deekster_caddy wrote:

By definition, adding wire wheels makes the car not a 'sleeper'. Finding some old black steelies would be 'sleeper'.

I consider about any car that doesn't look like it's supposed to be a fast car while it actually is, a sleeper. I don't think it needs to have bottem of the barrol rims and stuff that intentionally makes it appear lower end.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 3:35 am

Supercharged wrote:
those look like 245 wide

guess again..... WAY bigger than that.........
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 7:26 am

turtleman wrote:
deekster_caddy wrote:

I consider about any car that doesn't look like it's supposed to be a fast car while it actually is, a sleeper. I don't think it needs to have bottem of the barrol rims and stuff that intentionally makes it appear lower end.

Oh I agree, you should never 'downgrade' the appearance, but whats wrong with the stock rims if you want to keep the 'sleeper' look?

There are certainly those in the 'sleeper' world who will downgrade a vehicles appearance though... blacking out the grille/other chrome, etc. I wouldn't do that but someone 'building a sleeper' would.

It's tough to admit, but there are a lot of sleepers out there. There are a lot of cars on the highway that can run 13s stock and surprise the heck out of you. Look at the big hemi cherokees!
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 11:35 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
turtleman wrote:
deekster_caddy wrote:

Oh I agree, you should never 'downgrade' the appearance, but whats wrong with the stock rims if you want to keep the 'sleeper' look?

There are certainly those in the 'sleeper' world who will downgrade a vehicles appearance though... blacking out the grille/other chrome, etc. I wouldn't do that but someone 'building a sleeper' would.

It's tough to admit, but there are a lot of sleepers out there. There are a lot of cars on the highway that can run 13s stock and surprise the heck out of you. Look at the big hemi cherokees!

them cherokees suck...sorry to be so blunt

we killed one already
Back to top Go down
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

Name : Josh
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 12:42 am

Those rims look stupid way to big for a riv i think. Theres a guy at work with a mercury Grand Marquis with the v8 with like 26" rims that tried to race me at work and i walked away from him with no problem in the riv and he had about a two car length head start. hahaha he also said he had work done to the motor but he never said what. He also raced me one night when i brought my 12sec 87 monte carlo wow did he feel crunchy after that LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/1wickedninja
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 6:34 am

26"??? Yikes. One issue is that it cuts your final drive ratio so low you lose any acceleration without some different gearing.

I had one of those suckky grand cherokees run a 13.5 next to my 14.2, he kicked my ass. Supposedly all he had done was exhaust...
Back to top Go down
1wickedninja
Addict
1wickedninja

Name : Josh
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 6:36 am

yeah i told him that he needs to get a rear end built for it to make it go but he don't want to listen. now hes talking about selling the 26" to get 28" lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/1wickedninja
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?   what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels? Empty

Back to top Go down

what do you guys think of Rivs with wire wheels?
Page 1 of 1