Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

EGR valve code

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rivbandit
Rookie
Rivbandit

Name : Jack
Merit : 0

EGR valve code Empty
PostSubject: EGR valve code   EGR valve code EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 10:31 am

Hello Riv owners.......

I have owned my 96 Riv since 2000 42k miles. I now have 128k and no serious issues. Pulled a code the other day. EGR valve, talked to a mechanic & he said to pull & clean. Anyone ever done that and did it work?

see me @ http://www.cardomain.com/ride/466395

I also own a 95 Roadmaster Limited LT1 with possi and only 39k original miles.
Previous rides: 72 Electra limited, (several 72 & 73 Electras used as parts cars) 73 boat-tail (was my baby til encountering a frame bending ditch! ouch)
Back to top Go down
lionfish
Enthusiast
lionfish

Merit : 5

EGR valve code Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGR valve code   EGR valve code EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 11:11 am

I have replaced the EGR valve twice on my 95 over the past 14 years. The first replacement part was 17113643 in 1999 at 90,590 miles and it was covered under GMPP. It was replaced again in April 08 at 228,455 miles with part number 12578034. The dealer repair was free as it was covered by the GM Goodwrench Service Plus Lifetime Service Guarantee.
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

EGR valve code Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGR valve code   EGR valve code EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 1:17 pm

I've pulled and cleaned EGR's.

Make sure the car is ice cold as the EGR can be very hot. Unbolt the EGR and with it in your hand..look at the base from underneath. Two holes, one is open and the other should look like it's plugged. That plug look is the pintle valve. This valve should move freely. I use carb cleaner and a small screwdrver etc to push the pintle in and out until it moves freely. Reinstalll and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EGR valve code Empty
PostSubject: Re: EGR valve code   EGR valve code Empty

Back to top Go down

EGR valve code
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series II Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: