Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram

Go down 
+13
epic612
karmatose
ibmoses
brian10962001
EatDirtFartDust
deekster_caddy
98RIV7777
Rickw
albertj
duster_do_little
ricos20002
T Riley
AA
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram   Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:29 pm

The CSII is no big deal. The system does not have an amplifier. The radio has it's own outputs just like an aftermarket unit. The only thing "unique" about it is that the front door speakers are wired in Parallel, a woofer and a tweeter. I can speak from experience and say that aftermarket speakers won't benefit from the factory head unit as much as they would from an aftermarket one.

The wiring in the car is more than enough to handle aftermarket speakers unless you plan on running 200W a speaker. All I did was cut the factory connectors and add my own.

To change the door speakers, all you have to do is remove the plastic grille from the door panel....no need to remove the panel itself. The rear speakers are removed from inside the trunk.

As far as wiring up some subs.....
The battery is under the rear seat, which makes for a gravy Amp install. The only "hard" part is running the RCA's from the new head unit to the Amp.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Amateur

Name : Bill Crovo
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram   Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:16 pm

I know this diagram has been around for years, but I wanted to say... It's wrong. wink

The Right rear speaker wire colors on the diagram are backwards. Dark blue is POSITIVE and light blue is NEGATIVE.

FYI, HTH and all that... wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.badassofne.net
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram   Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Dark Blue is + and Light Blue is -

You are correct.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram   Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:23 am

Huh? Looks right to me! wink

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
toomanytoyz
Amateur

Name : Bill Crovo

PostSubject: Re: Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram   Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:03 pm

AA wrote:
Huh? Looks right to me! wink

LOL. smile Nice fix. happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.badassofne.net
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram   Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:43 am

I can confirm that that the SPEAKER wire color coding shown in the diagram in this thread is the same for a 1995.

The head unit connectors are different for the 95 and 96+ cars, so some of that color coding is likely different.

Al
Back to top Go down
ADDvanced
Amateur

Name : ADDvanced

PostSubject: Re: Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram   Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 9:56 pm

There are 4 total plugs on the back of my 95 riv's factory stereo. One big connector, assuming that is speakers, another medium sized connector, I'm assuming power, and two smaller ones. One seems to be the CD player, and the other seems to be the steering wheel controls. Does anyone know which diagram like this shows the steering wheel controls?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram   Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Concert Sound II Wiring Diagram
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2