Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Stupid Lumbar!!

Go down 
+12
IBx1
T Riley
ibmoses
captshiner
Rickw
Chicken
deekster_caddy
sburch23
vendetta
Shintsu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Straight 8
Special

Name : Bob
Merit : 1

Stupid Lumbar!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lumbar!!   Stupid Lumbar!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Like I posted above It is held on with those one way push pin fasteners on the bottom corners. You need to be careful pulling those so you don't tear the fiber backboard, There is a plastic lip that holds the top portion, a light downward tug and it drops away from the seat.
You will then see the broken plastic panel it pushes against. In my case I drilled several holes and laced it together.
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Name : Kyle
Merit : 15

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lumbar!!   Stupid Lumbar!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Straight 8 wrote:
Like I posted above It is held on with those one way push pin fasteners on the bottom corners. You need to be careful pulling those so you don't tear the fiber backboard, There is a plastic lip that holds the top portion, a light downward tug and it drops away from the seat.
You will then see the broken plastic panel it pushes against. In my case I drilled several holes and laced it together.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. The previous owner already broke the retaining pins on the bottom. The fiberboard seems to be intact though. I will probably end up just velcroing it back on.

How does the lumbar adjustment work? Does it basically wind up to tighten and extend to loosen the plastic strap? You think it's the strap that broke?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lumbar!!   Stupid Lumbar!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lumbar!!   Stupid Lumbar!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:19 pm

Rickw wrote:
Look here for lumbar mechanism. Page 4

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/interior-f20/front-seat-interchangability-t6649.htm

Yeah I saw that, I was just curious as to how it actually adjusts that white strap.
Back to top Go down
Straight 8
Special

Name : Bob
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lumbar!!   Stupid Lumbar!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:50 am

It pushes against the plastic. The plastic is something to span the frame in the seatback to give the lumbar something to push against. I didn't have to go in any further but I suspect it's a just a screw motor that runs in and out.
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lumbar!!   Stupid Lumbar!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Straight 8 wrote:
It pushes against the plastic. The plastic is something to span the frame in the seatback to give the lumbar something to push against. I didn't have to go in any further but I suspect it's a just a screw motor that runs in and out.

That's what I thought. It's going either to the dealer or my body shop guy this week. I gotta get the lumbar repaired and last night my door handle bit the dust so I gotta crawl in through the passenger side. I'm printing the pages from the door handle writeup and the pictures of the lumbar from the site and hoping he can follow them and fix the issues. This site is awesome for that.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lumbar!!   Stupid Lumbar!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Originally, I pictured just a motorized seat belt retractor on one side, with a belt of webbing anchored on the other side. Maybe they should have done it that way...

Codith has found that the manual is sometimes rather simpler than reality, but I did recently find a seat back in a wrecking yard that looked like someone pulled it off pretty easily, and I found the plastic 'web' and the motor with the double drive cables just like Cody's:

Stupid Lumbar!! - Page 2 CIMG1409
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Lumbar!!   Stupid Lumbar!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stupid Lumbar!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2