Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic

Go down 
+3
1998 Riv
SuperRiv07
Rickw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic Empty
PostSubject: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 10:35 am

www.linear-logic.com or www.scangauge.com or http://www.scantool.net/scangauge-ii.html

Found this unit today. It appears that the newest version with X-gauge and Add-A-Gauge features do everything the Aeroforce gauge can do for less money.
Although it is not round and cannot fit in standard gauge pod. Still worth a look I think.
Retail $169.00 includes shipping direct from factory.
Check ebay for cheaper prices, just make sure it is latest unit.

Last edited by Rickw on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SuperRiv07
Addict
SuperRiv07

Name : Nick
Location : Brookfield, And If everything goes right A Nice big house in Bolingbrook with a big GARAGE
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 2:12 pm

Yeah I was looking at those , I just dont know what to get i like the aeroforce but its a lil steep
Back to top Go down
http://www.Chitownracing.com
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 4:05 pm

I don't see KR listed as info the Scangauge II will show. ???
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 4:07 pm

I saw it listed in the X-gauge or Add-A-Gauge features as one of the retrievable data points.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 5:22 pm

Yep, I see it now.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Dave,
What do you think about this unit ?
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 5:54 pm

I like it. It's almost tempting to sell my LS1M since I'm backpedaling on the mods, and use this instead. PLUS, it will work on a lot of other vehicles that the LS1M won't. And I'm not too worried about data logging anymore. I'm going to take the dimensions and see where it would mount nicely in the Riv. I don't think it wil read MPG on our cars though?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 5:55 pm

Read the 36 page user manual available on their site or print (.PDF). A lot of reading but it explains everything rather simply and now that I've scanned through it, I think I'm sold on it. Very programmable to scan and display parameters of your choice.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 10:56 am

Yeah, I read thru quite a bit of it. Might give it a try.
Back to top Go down
curious riv
Addict
curious riv

Name : Chris
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 7:37 pm

i think santa might bring me one
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 7:41 pm

Good idea, I think I'll add that to THE LIST....
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 10:47 pm

Just saw an ad on this site from J.C.Whitney selling the Scan Gauge ll for 159.99 with free shipping and a $50.00 J.C.W. Gift Certificate.
Not a bad deal. May not be able to wait for Xmas.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 12:23 am

I'm glad to see they added the additional parameters for the same price, but I'm concerned about the Scan Gauge's inability to log data for playback. Will this device capture data during a run and let you replay it frame by frame? Also, I don't see any mention of the MAFF parameter, which is critical for tuning.

Imo, the Scan Gauge is a decent in-car information display, but without MAFF or data recording capability, it can't really be used as a serious tuning tool. I wouldn't choose this if planning to mod the car beyond minor upgrades.

The value in the Aeroforce gauge and other dedicated scan softwares, is that they offer the right performance parameters, plus they can record and playback - up to 8 values for the Aeroforce (and can use multiple gauges). So you can check the numbers during a WOT run, then analyze and make adjustments accordingly. The Aeroforce is double cool because it works as an in-car display. You can tell the creators of the Aeroforce truly understand the needs of performance enthusiasts.

You've heard it before - you get what you pay for.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 12:44 am

AA, I agree with you 100%: Imo, the Scan Gauge is a decent in-car information display

That's what it's good for, and that's what I'd buy it for, if I sold my LS1M.
Back to top Go down
curious riv
Addict
curious riv

Name : Chris
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 10:05 pm

i think i might tell santa t shove it... i dont want to buy something i cant use to the fullest.-b n a single parent- its hard enough t keep up w maintenance... im damn sure not gunna get something today that i cant use tomorrow(& btw at 223k u'd b a waterhead t not save ur pennies for a rebuild or [at least]a crate)
Back to top Go down
Ironclad-454
Enthusiast
Ironclad-454

Name : Nate
Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 12:34 am

That Scan tool 2 is pretty neat, easy to install or remove. Very cool option. Has anyone used one / Owned one. If so how easy is it use and read?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 8:35 am

If I remember correctly the instructions are available on line for this Scangauge 2 form the manufacturer (Refer to page 1 of this topic for links to web site). I have seen and used one, The screen is easily readable and set up/programming is straight forward per instructions.
If you buy from someone like J.C.Whitney, you can always return it if you don't like it. They are easy with returns, just have to pay for return shipping costs unless you claim there is something wrong with the gauge.

Last edited by Rickw on Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 8:53 am

when I google scan tool 2 I end up finding 'scan gauge II'. Is that what you mean? Link to product please.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 9:00 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
when I google scan tool 2 I end up finding 'scan gauge II'. Is that what you mean? Link to product please.

Refer to page one of this Topic for links to web site(s).
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 6:17 pm

oops, I didn't realize we were on page 2! oops
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic   FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: ScanGauge ll by Linear-Logic
Page 1 of 1