Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

1990 Console Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jase386
Amateur

Name : donovan
Merit : 0

1990 Console Help Empty
PostSubject: 1990 Console Help   1990 Console Help EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 2:37 am

Does anyone know how to get the 'wood' part of the console out of a 1990 Riviera? Its filthy in all the cracks, and the change holder and i want to clean it. the previous owner had kids or something. Also the viewing glass for the transmission indicator is cruddy underneath, i need to get that out so i can clean the Coke from under it. bounce
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

1990 Console Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1990 Console Help   1990 Console Help EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:04 pm

Sounds like you need to search EBay for a service manual.

In teh meantime, if you are gentle with it you can use a SOFT toothbrush and a vacuum cleaner to get the crud out of the filthy cracks. May need to spritz a little furniture polish on it to act as a solvent to wet the crud so that you can indeed get it out with the vacuum cleaner (a canister or wahtever with a hose and brush or nozzle attachment).

Albertj
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

1990 Console Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1990 Console Help   1990 Console Help EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 4:41 pm

My '92 is gone now but if I remember correctly ... there are screws under the lid that you remove, and then the rest of it is just held in with clips. You would just pry up on it to get it out.
I would have to look in my service manual to be sure but I think thats it.

HTH
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Sponsored content

1990 Console Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1990 Console Help   1990 Console Help Empty

Back to top Go down

1990 Console Help
Page 1 of 1