Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Hello from Ohio

Go down 
+3
captshiner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryan from Ohio
Fanatic

Name : Ryan
Merit : 7

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 2:35 pm

Hello Im from Toledo Ohio area. I just picked up a 1995 Buick Riviera WITHOUT the supercharger.

Yes I know frown

I got a very good deal on this very clean car with like new tires on it.

According to the previous owner the engine was makign some noises and didnt sound "reliable" for his wife and kids so it was parked then sold to us.

Previous owner decided to check for bent pushrods and not put the motor back together. So I spent 3 hours doing that today. I need to get the battery charged and a new set of spark plug wires. Then to try and start her up.

Im hoping for a quick fix like Rod bearings. If its to much Im just going to swap in another motor (already found one).

Sorry for the ramble, just happy to find a site around these cars.

I also have an Olds Alero (which theres an Alero site). My previous cars include a few Berettas (yes they have sites also!), a 95 Monte Carlo Z34, a 1997 Buick Century and last and least a 1994 Mercury Cougar (HUGE POS but looked real nice).

Anyways thanks for creating a community around this car. I hope I can find help here smile
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:30 pm

hey, welcome to the site! Hope it starts up and runs well for you. As far as not being Sc'ed, there are kits around to add one to the series 2 NA...

Fanatic

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:32 pm

Well this car is for my Fiance. I dont think she cares about a supercharger wink She just wanted a plush ride for cheap. This fit the bill.

Im looking at battery prices right now and my jaw hit the floor... $140-150... ouch.
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

Merit : -1

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:34 pm

http://www.moradpartscompany.com/
Check these guys for any parts you need. They're awesome with some great prices. Very quick response. They're based in Cleveland so you might even be able to just drive out and pick some stuff up. Welcome to the site though, there's a few of us in Ohio.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572362129

Merit : 123

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:36 pm

Ryan from Ohio wrote:
Well this car is for my Fiance. I dont think she cares about a supercharger wink She just wanted a plush ride for cheap. This fit the bill.

Im looking at battery prices right now and my jaw hit the floor... $140-150... ouch.

ah, well I'm sure she'll love it. I think my wife loves driving our riv more than I do. smile

Addict
curious riv

Name : Chris
Merit : 3

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Hello to Ohio!!!
congrats on da Riv.
a sc less riv is still a riv.
welcome!!! and good luck gettin her goin.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 4:27 pm

Welcome! The N/A 95 is lucky enough to have the SII 3800, so it's not really any major downer... The SII is a great motor.

Good luck with the assembly! Make sure the lifters have those little guide thingys! I've seen a few 3800s put together that didn't hold the roller lifters straight... real messy...
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 8:51 pm

As for your motor noises, suggest you check the motor and transmission mounts. I am not saying it's your problem - but the OE mounts on these things are not very stout and when they are worn stuff rubs other stuff that should not be rubbed, so it would not surprise me to find they're whacked.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
rivparadise
Fanatic
rivparadise

Name : Samuel
Merit : 11

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:13 am

Greetings and welcome! You'll find everything you need right here to get that car running or mod it up. Good fortune to you!

hi
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/theacetomato
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 10:36 am

Also come to think of it it could just be the rubber parts in the balancer gave out. Does it look like it's been worked on? Do you think PO maght have had a mishap with the R&R? adn oh by the way as long as you are in there now is a great time to replace the crank sensor, you'll have to do it by ~150- ~200K miles anyway.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Ryan from Ohio
Fanatic

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 11:34 am

R&R? please elaborate.

Im fairly mechanical/capable but I dont know what every parts name is or the acronyms.

if this motor will work I will replace that sensor then also if it seems to be that common smile
Back to top Go down
captshiner
Junkie
captshiner

Merit : -1

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 11:46 am

If you're tearing down the engine you might want to replace the LIM (lower intake manifold) gaskets too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572362129
Ryan from Ohio
Fanatic

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:59 pm

Its got a new plastic plenum thingy?
Back to top Go down
Ryan from Ohio
Fanatic

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:10 pm

Its been fun guys, but sadly the Riviera is now gone.

Take care!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ohio   Hello from Ohio Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Ohio
Page 1 of 1