Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Another New Guy

Go down 
+7
Boattail Bill
SToP
deekster_caddy
capriceguy
Ironclad-454
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ironclad-454
Enthusiast
Ironclad-454

Name : Nate
Merit : 9

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 4:52 pm

Hello folks,
I've been Lurking for a few weeks now finally decided to join and introduce myself. My name is Nate, I'm from Wyoming. I'm in the process of purchasing a 1996 Buick Riviera S/C to replace my 1973 Chevrolet C/10 Cheyenne Super (think pre 75 version of Silverado) in its Daily Driver duties. I currently don't have pictures of it but when I take delivery on Monday I'll try to remember to snap some.
Back to top Go down
capriceguy
Rookie

Merit : 0

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:26 pm

Sweet! Hope you get it. These cars are really cool and there's tons of stuff to see on here.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 7:17 pm

Quite a change from a '73 C10! Welcome! Hope you get it in good shape!
Back to top Go down
curious riv
Addict
curious riv

Name : Chris
Merit : 3

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:09 pm

welcome here.
alot of new people just register and read....
thanks for speakin up and introducin urself. good luck w the upcomin riv. hope it goes well for ya.

and again,,, welcome to the best forum there is t b found
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi! Welcome!

Enthusiast

Name : Rob
Merit : 2

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Welcome Nate!
Back to top Go down
Ironclad-454
Enthusiast
Ironclad-454

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 9:15 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome

It will be a huge change over my trusty C/10 but with gas prices fluctuating like they have been and with it getting long in the tooth its time turn it into a project vehicle instead of daily transportation.

In case anyone is interested in taking a gander, heres the cardomain page for "Annie" my Truck http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205633
Back to top Go down
Boattail Bill
Fanatic

Name : Bill
Merit : 4

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi Nate, welcome.
Just checked out your truck. Nice.
Now I've gotta figure out how to post pictures of my machines for you all.
Bill
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi Nate, welcome.
i just made a trip to Tulsa,Ok and back about two weeks ago with my '98' S/C (saw The Eagles in concert) and averaged over 28 mpg on the trip.. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
Ironclad-454
Enthusiast
Ironclad-454

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:24 pm

Well I took possession of the Riv today banana . I must say I think I made a very good call. I've never had this much fun driving anything other than my trusty PU. 3gears I enjoyed myself so much that I completely forgot to take pictures bonk I drove it the 40 or so miles back home and I have just one thing to say, Cruise control, where have you been all my life? razz

Now the sucky part begins, Cleaning it. The previous owner let his teenage daughter drive it to school. So its in desperate need of a good scrub down both inside and out. However damage doesn't seem to be all that bad. Will know more when I finish cleaning the mess she left

Again thanks for the warm welcome
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:50 pm

Ironclad-454, may I suggest a box of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers? They'll take out all kinds of mess you wouldn't believe would be possible.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:16 pm

There are some good articles about detailing posted on this editboard.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Ironclad-454
Enthusiast
Ironclad-454

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 9:20 pm

Jack the R wrote:
Ironclad-454, may I suggest a box of Mr. Clean Magic Erasers? They'll take out all kinds of mess you wouldn't believe would be possible.

Thats a great Idea, I'll have to go pick some up. Thanks Jack
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:02 pm

No problem. When I got my Riv it had crayon all over the back and coca-cola everywhere. Also, there was a huge build up of shoe polish on the front corner of the driver's seat. It took a few magic erasers but they got all the gunk out and put a big smile on my face. jump
Back to top Go down
98RIV7777
Fanatic
98RIV7777

Name : Anthony
Merit : 1

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 4:13 am

Welcome to the site Nate< Be sure to post some pics once you get it nice and clean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another New Guy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Another New Guy Empty

Back to top Go down

Another New Guy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: