Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security

Go down 
+74
llamalor2112
ZEP
Setton
chitown_riv98
matt270avian
gunmetalRED
Lenrapkins
sniperdude
GreenJeanS
mkarr
rivieray
c0reyl
nvsteve
dpmeeks
SuperRivL67
DEMonte1997
riviera90
dtrumbo
denim
BatMobile
97 park ave
98riv
Mikel
bigdave
canada
Derek
BMD
jonly
lamluca
flyineagle96
slacker2620
black shadow
Jack the R
Abaddon
AA
LARRY70GS
billythekid7
moldymac
rivren
Eldo
robotennis61
Jason
jp8240
pearlwhite91
Ash
Roberta
Mr.Riviera
rivparadise
tomc
dscott2000
1995 Riv
98RiviSC
Rickw
jenkkijussi
KillaKeninaRiv
SToP
Ryan from Ohio
96RIVMANN
albertj
Fuzzy
'96reese
lionfish
Chicken
deekster_caddy
ibmoses
BillBoost37
TType_Riviera
heyzelchi
jhodges
mcgusto82
SpaceBar
RIVIGIRL1
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

Name : Paul
Merit : 11

Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Security light flashing?   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 7:21 pm

The security light on my '96 starts to flash rapidly after I shut the car off and open the door. The DAB ACSRY relay under the back seat is clicking like crazy. I had the battery diconnected last night and I just pulled the pcm fuse but no luck. Also, I unplugged/plugged the module in the trunk up by the rear speaker. I checked the wiring going into the doors and I don't see any bare wires either .Anyone ever have this problem arise?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

Name : Paul
Merit : 11

Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08, 2008 9:31 pm

Does anybody know where the pass key II module is located? What is the black box under the driver seat? It chirps when you lock/unlock the doors with the key fob?
Back to top Go down
'96reese
Fanatic

Name : Reese
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:12 am

the pass key decoder module is located behind the top right side of the dash..... look at your key and check out the double sided resistor chip. it will have a small silver strip that is the length of the black chip. look at that piece if it's worn down to the point where it almost blends in with the black, you might wanna replace that. cost like $40 per key. or you might have have to replace the igntion lock and both keys. there are 2 wires that run down from the cyclinder to 48 pin connector. it's best to have it taken to a dealer to have it checked out any gm dealer should have the equipment, but buick definitely does, because they are the only ones that use the double sided resistor chip. good luck
Back to top Go down
Ryan from Ohio
Fanatic

Name : Ryan
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:20 am

write-up is here:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/interior-f20/write-up-no-start-3-min-delay-disabling-pass-key-ii-t4564-75.htm#116691

Original Post:

I dont have any of the OEM fob's key chain remote things.

The car has a car starter with the ability to lock/unlock the car. Obviously it bypasses the cars system and its triggering the security. I cant shut it off so I gotta disconnect the battery.

is there any way to disable the cars built in alarm?
Back to top Go down
SToP
Enthusiast

Name : Rob
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 10:42 am

Have a look here: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/373.html

It says:
Factory Disarm Light Green (-) Driver's Kick Panel in Door Boot

I would assume you send a pulse to it from your aftermarket system when the doors are being unlocked?
Back to top Go down
Ryan from Ohio
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:07 am

I didnt install the car starter and Im not sure how its is installed currently.

I looked at the 95-97 version and printed them off. didnt even think to look into how it was installed. i was moreso looking for a way to disable the factory security system.

I will have to see if i have the users manual for the car... Not sure if I do.
Back to top Go down
SToP
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:10 am

Owner's manual is online, I'll find you a link. What year is your car?
Back to top Go down
Ryan from Ohio
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:25 am

1995 non supercharged
Back to top Go down
SToP
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 12:10 pm

I *think* this is the link. It's down right now though. Try it later on.

https://www.mygmlink.com/pdf/go2content/manual/US/en/buick/1995riviera.pdf
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 2:02 pm

If you decide to disconnect the aftermarket system, as long as your BCM is in place (it is a box under the rear deck) and working you should be able to wire it backup, and get a remote (off Ebay) to program for the car. There are instructions in the FSM for that programming, don't need a Tech II (although it helps!)

Albertj
Back to top Go down
SToP
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:07 pm

I lied. The manuals are available here:

http://gmprotectionplanwarranty.com/owners-manual/buick/

I didn't see anything in the '97 manual about an option to permanently disable the factory alarm.

What model alarm do you have? Might be as simple as finding the control box and running one wire.
Back to top Go down
Ryan from Ohio
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:09 pm

Thanks for the link i will review the manual as soon as I can.

smile

Outside that if anyone knows a way to disable it please tell.
Back to top Go down
SToP
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 8:55 pm

It doesn't appear to be a programmable feature (at least in my '97). Looks like it's all run by the Remote Accessory Control (RAC) module in the '95.

There's a chance you could de-pin white A and lt. blue E from C2 at the RAC, then it wouldn't know when the door is locked and then it wouldn't arm.

The procedure to arm the system (in y '97 manual) is:

1. Open the door.
2. Lock the door with the power door lock switch or
Remote Keyless Entry System. The SECURITY
light should come on and stay on.
3. Close all doors. The SECURITY light should gooff
after about 30 seconds. The security system is not
armed until the SECURITY light is off. If the
SECURITY light stays on or flashes when the
ignition is turned on, there is a problem with the
system and the vehicle should be serviced

I still think it would be easier and better to just run a wire to the kick panel from the aftermarket controller. Most controllers have wiring diagrams online, we could help you figure out where to run the wire from.
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

Name : Kenneth
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Wiring Harness Issues - Imitates Security Passkey VATS   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 10:50 pm

hey does anyone else have any personal experience in getting the security feature in the keys bypassed? this guy just told me the reason why my car started 3 times and immediately cut off right after was because the short in my ICM wire caused the computer to read that the car was being tampered with or something and sent it into security mode which disables the motor after three tries. so he said i should put the key in the ignition and wait 15 minutes. there should be the SECURITY light flashing 4 times, then pausing, and three more times as a fail code. Then he said to start the car becuase by waiting it would reset the code and allow it to start. If that didnt work he said it would be from the surge going into the ECM and frying it, meaning I would have to buy one from the junkyard from another 3800 and have it programmed at the dealer for $95 or so. Any truth to this?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 11:33 pm

Semi-true. Different years PASSKey systems work a little differently.

What is the ICM wire, and if it really exists how do you know it is shorted? Aftermarket alarm? Maybe the chip on your key is just dirty. It is only a resistor, actually. Maybe the contacts in your ignition switch are dirty. That's more common than you might think. If you search this editboard you will find I think an article on bypassing the PASSKey.

Please tell us more.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:25 am

the ignition wires that lead to the module underneath the coil packs. its the long flat metallic plate they sit on. theres a long wire harness that has a 7mm bolt through it holding it down. it MAY be a 7mm IIRC. but theres a long clip going into it at the bottom of the coil packs and a ground wire to ground it that goes into something underneath it and the ground is not there. im about to head over there and try to un-fuck the situation and go by the GM dealership and get there opinions too
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 11:52 am

Sounds like what you might really need is a factory service manual, a warm garage and an entire Saturday.

I don't have the experience to understand what you're talking about here, so I have to pass on this one, sorry. Maybe someone else has dealt with this before and can help you better.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Ryan from Ohio
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 1:10 pm

The securit feature inside the keys is a simple resistor.

Take a digital multimeter set to Ohm and measure the Ohms on the metal tabs on the key.

Goto Radio Shack and get the needed resistors to total measured amount. Install on lock cylinder there should be two wires running off it.
Back to top Go down
KillaKeninaRiv
Addict
KillaKeninaRiv

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 4:08 pm

alright everybody i just had a mechanic come and take a look at it. it wasnt locked out after all. wire harness problems
Back to top Go down
jenkkijussi
Amateur

Name : Johannes
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Security light stays on.   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Riv-95. Does anyone know why "SECURITY LIGHT" stays on after starting the car?
The light stays on sometimes for 30 seconds, sometimes it stays on for 30 minutes. It allways goes off eventually. No other problems found. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Security system malfunction.
Don't know more than that on the 95's, I just know in my owners manual it says that the light staying ON indicates the system is not working.
Further troubleshooting required. Maybe someone with the 95 Service Manual can help.
Back to top Go down
98RiviSC
98RiviSC

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 10:21 pm

I heard if your key has any moisture on it it will set it off. Mine does the same thing, i dont know why though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062162
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

Name : Don
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 11:14 pm

Johannes Does it stay on after you shut the car off? If so for how long? How many miles on your car and when did it start doing it? The light will light if the PASS-key II module has detected an open or short or incorrect resistance for 60 consecutive seconds while the vehicle is running. Does it do it when raining or melting snow? Is it more likely to do it when cold or hot? Don
Back to top Go down
dscott2000
Enthusiast
dscott2000

Name : Scott

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 3:59 am

My Bonneville security light stays on constantly. Except when the key is off. It has been like that since about 2-3 days after I bought it 3 years ago. I just put a dash plaque over it and it hasnt failed me yet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3061543
jenkkijussi
Amateur

Name : Johannes

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 8:03 am

To 1995 Riv.
When I shut the car off the light goes off. The car has 140 000 miles and the problem has been there since I bought the car couple of months ago. It happens always, regardless of weather. Alarm system is checked and it works o.k.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security   Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: No Start + 3 min delay / Disabling PASS-Key II Security
Page 2 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next