Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Yet another problem....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dscott2000
Enthusiast
dscott2000

Name : Scott
Merit : 0

Yet another problem.... Empty
PostSubject: Yet another problem....   Yet another problem.... EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:01 am

I will start off by saying a BIG thank you for your help with my thermostat! Ok, Im not sure that I am posting this in the proper place or not. If so, please let me know! On my 1990 Riviera, only during acceleration, the car has a pretty fierce wobble. Kinda like a bent wheel or something.. I checked the trueness of both wheels up front and they are straight. Now, when I had the wheels off, I checked the tightness of all possible bolts, nuts, etc. But, what I found was when I checked the ball joints, on the drivers side, I had about 2mm of play in the ball joint. I know I need new ball joints. My question is, Do I need to compress the spring when I go to replace the ball joint? If so, is there a cheap alternative to getting the spring compressor? On my car the strut is connected to a 2 piece A arm. it looks as if the ball joint itself seperates from the a-arm. Thank you again for any advice given and previous advice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3061543
dscott2000
Enthusiast
dscott2000

Name : Scott
Merit : 0

Yet another problem.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yet another problem....   Yet another problem.... EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:03 am

OOPS! I did post this in the wrong place! SORRY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3061543

Yet another problem....
Page 1 of 1