The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Guru
Jack the R

Merit : 90

Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement   Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 2:22 am

The Herko FC47 came in today and fits - New Herko Fuel Level Sensor FC47 For Fuel Pump Module E3938M

The wire going to the pump connector is bigger than the wire in the Walbro connector. I would have expected the opposite, but that's how it is. The pins are different, re-pinning the Walbro connector isn't possible. So now I'm back to finding crimps or soldering, finding fuel proof heat shrink tubing, figuring out how to get the main fuel line onto the cannister nipple, and I'm thinking the gap between the bottom of the Walbro and the rubber sleeve makes a possible way for dirt to bypass the cannister filter.

At least the fuel level sensor fits. Progress is progress.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Guru
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement   Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2019 4:10 am

Researching gas resistant heat shrink, I found a  thread on a 370Z forum that says Cross-linked Polyolefin is the thing to get.  There's a link to a product page on Gainger.com that has a few different polyolefin types. It says all are fuel resistant, but the Flexible Polyolefin would seem to be the most resistant?

Hmm, just noticed the items Albert J linked to are both polyolefin, but which kind of polyolefin?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Guru
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement   Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 10:35 pm

My new fuel cannister strainer came with a seal, which is about twice as thick as the old one, and a little smaller in diameter -

Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement - Page 8 Vzztzme

My old seal is in such good shape that I was planning to reuse it.  I've got doubts about this new one.  It's slightly squishier than the old seal, but not much.  It doesn't seem like it would be possible to get the cam lock on with the height of this new seal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement   Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Write-Up: Fuel Pump/Tank Sending Unit Replacement
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8