Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Gremlins

Go down 
+3
albertj
millerje18
1995Riviera
7 posters
AuthorMessage
1995Riviera
Rookie
1995Riviera

Name : Wesley
Merit : 0

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 10:11 pm

I have some gremlins in my interior and would imagine someone else has experienced something similar. Here's the list: passenger side door lock only works manually(remote or switch will not lock or unlock). Temperature gage doesn't work(gets power as it moves when the key is turned on). Gear indicator on dash doesn't work it just stays on "D". And last but not least I have the hot air problem out of the drivers side vents when the passengers side is ice cold ( I have asked you guys about this before and you sent me to another link on this forum). Anybody experience these problems? THANKS!
Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

Name : Jordan
Merit : 1

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 10:26 pm

for the first year i had my riv the passenger side door never worked unless manually switched. but it miraculously now works with remote . i dont know why it jus started to work.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:56 am

was your car in a collision that you know of?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

Name : Jordan

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:58 am

not at all.
Back to top Go down
1995Riviera
Rookie
1995Riviera

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:26 am

No crash at all. I bought it from the original owner who lives right down the road from me. It has spent alot of time sitting as it only has 77k showing now.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 8:12 am

1995Riviera wrote:
I have some gremlins in my interior and would imagine someone else has experienced something similar. Here's the list: passenger side door lock only works manually(remote or switch will not lock or unlock). Temperature gage doesn't work(gets power as it moves when the key is turned on). Gear indicator on dash doesn't work it just stays on "D". And last but not least I have the hot air problem out of the drivers side vents when the passengers side is ice cold ( I have asked you guys about this before and you sent me to another link on this forum). Anybody experience these problems? THANKS!

Door lock - what happens when you push the lock/unlock button on the pass. door? There are little plastic connectors inside the door panel on the linkages, one of them probably got brittle and broke. You should check the wires for voltage.

Temp Gauge - have you checked under the hood? Is the temperature sending unit plugged in? It's on the front of the engine below the thermostat on my '98, not positive it's in the same place on the '95 but it should be close.

pass. side. heat - it's very common for the actuators to go bad. You'll need to get under the dash and find the actuator (there are a couple) that controls the pass. side temp, and then read the number to somebody like morad parts co. or check car-part.com.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:04 pm

As for that gear indicator I've never heard of that before. I wonder if someone spilled a drink somewhere that although it got cleaned up the residue fouled up the indicator switch? Anth thoughts guys?

Do you have access to a factory manual?

Albertj
Back to top Go down
1995Riviera
Rookie
1995Riviera

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:43 pm

I have to take the door panel off to install the new speakers I bought so I will check the connectors then. I will check the sending unit also. Most of this stuff I would have checked but a friend of a friend who used to be a mechanic for a Buick dealer locally said it sounded like it could be the control module since several different things in the interior were giving trouble. I do not have access to a factory manual... does anyone know where I can buy one?
Back to top Go down
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

Name : Don

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:58 pm

Guy under Lots of parts for sale selling a 95 Service manual.
Back to top Go down
1995 Riv
Enthusiast

Name : Don

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Member palermocorey90 selling 95 Manual. Temp sending unit on Supercharged engine under throttle body at back. The 95 had a problem with the main door wiring harness ( one or both doors) rubbing through and shorting out on the window track hardware. When you are in the doors look on inside of harness for rub through. Is your car Supercharged does it have a floor or column shifter? Actuators are on passenger side under black panel under dash when under there switch the climate control switches to see them move. I have heard of some people moving them manually and they start working.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Where in NC are you located? I might be able to take a look at it if you aren't too far.
PM me or let me know your location and I'll see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
1995Riviera
Rookie
1995Riviera

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 9:04 pm

My car is supercharged with a floor shifter. I'll check the actuators and see how much the manuals are. Can I manually move the switches by hand or do I have to put power to them to make them move? I live a little north of Asheville but work in Asheville (99Rivman). Where do you live. If you're close I'll come to you if you want togive it a look. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

Gremlins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gremlins   Gremlins EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:28 pm

i sent you a PM on the books
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
Sponsored content