The 8th Gen Riviera Resource
 
HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Share
 

 Cold Air Kit Ducts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Age : 57
Location : Oklahoma City
Joined : 2007-01-14
Post Count : 1062
Merit : 6

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptyTue Jan 16, 2007 1:00 pm

idea I thought I would give you a heads up on this website. I've been looking at making a cold air kit for my car and you can get piece parts to custom fit any application. You have to do some digging on the website but here is a link http://jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_AirClean_Ducting.html to where the air ducts are. They have aluminum or rubber. I haven't tried it yet, but I thought the infomation could be useful. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
98riv
Moderator


Location : USA
Joined : 2007-01-14
Post Count : 984
Merit : 30

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptyTue Jan 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Here is another similar site that I came across a while back. I have never bought from this site, but the GN people seemed to like it.

http://intakehoses.com/
Back to top Go down
BigTexKahuna
Rookie


Name : David
Location : Honolulu
Joined : 2007-02-23
Post Count : 15
Merit : 0

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 4:39 pm

jax95riv wrote:
idea I thought I would give you a heads up on this website. I've been looking at making a cold air kit for my car and you can get piece parts to custom fit any application. You have to do some digging on the website but here is a link http://jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_AirClean_Ducting.html to where the air ducts are. They have aluminum or rubber. I haven't tried it yet, but I thought the infomation could be useful. Good luck.

Man, I'm tellin' ya... I sure would like to hear/read about someone who has done this. I want to, as well, but I'm no mechanic... I'm a 'broke'anic. I don't fix things... I tend to break 'em. I, too, have gathered lots of info off of the I-net on 'how-to' and 'where-to-get', but I've not found anyone who has actually made a CAI for the Riviera Series-I... well, that's not exactly true... I did see some guy's '95 SC Riv on the web with some kind of CAI installed... he had pics, video and sound clips. I tried contacting him, but never got a reply...

...I just want to find out from someone who has successfully made and installed a CAI... one that doesn't look crappy, and doesn't rattle around under the hood... what the PRECISE parts are to be purchased before I start shopping for those parts... scratch

You know... K&N... or one of the other guys... sure would make it a hellava lot easier if they would just design a CAI kit for our '95 Rivs... you think??? dunce
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Age : 57
Location : Oklahoma City
Joined : 2007-01-14
Post Count : 1062
Merit : 6

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 5:54 pm

I just finished getting mine into place. I still have to drill a hole for the sensor though. I'll take a pic or two over the weekend. I made mine from PVC. Doesn't look bad at all. thumbsup Eventually, I'll make it out of other material. But I wanted to make sure of what I needed before I dropped some big bucks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

Name : Rob
Age : 37
Location : ohio
Joined : 2007-03-05
Post Count : 422
Merit : 0

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptyFri Mar 09, 2007 7:08 pm

someday ill make one.........another good site is www.turbohoses.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131502/1
BigTexKahuna
Rookie


Name : David
Location : Honolulu
Joined : 2007-02-23
Post Count : 15
Merit : 0

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 1:14 am

TType_Riviera wrote:
someday ill make one.........another good site is www.turbohoses.com

Okay... 'ya little whippersnapper... MAKE ONE. Just kidding... joker

...but seriously, folks... smoke ...have the marketing geniuses at K&N... or pick another one... simply delegated the 9th Edition Rivieras as your daddy's, or grandpa's car, thus not worthy of any attention toward after-market performance goodies? What the heck... it's become apparent to me that I'm old enough to be most of you guy's pappy already, but I'd sure like to get a little more performance outta my six-banger Series-I. For that matter... is there a CAI kit designed for a Series-II Riviera? If so... I can't seem to find one, and if there is... why won't it fit my '95?

I must ask you guys to cut me some slack if I'm coming off as a complete dolt dunce with some of my questions. I'm in my mid-50's, and most all of the cars I've owned have been good 'ol American V-8's. This Riviera... and I do love it's look... is the very first American V-6 I've ever owned... I just wanna get a little more out of it, and while I've already taken care of the exhaust, I know I need to do something with the air getting into the motor. I'm putting off the idea of 'gutting-the-box' as a very last resort, 'cuz I don't want to screw-up an original part... you know what I mean?

...so, TType... hurry up and get that CAI designed and made. If it works and looks good, let me know what parts to buy... and when you get over here to Honolulu, I'll buy you a Mai-Tai or two cheers , and then have my daughters introduce you to some of their beach bunny friends... but my girls are off limits... nono
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Age : 29
Location : Your wife's box
Joined : 2007-02-08
Post Count : 5126
Merit : 9

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 10:18 am

laughat laughat laughat HIS GIRLs ARE OFF LIMITS geeez how old are they!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18369
Merit : 241

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 10:34 am

pimp


David, you aren't the oldest around here you know... And all questions are fine, no matter how simple or they might seem. We need to have questions before we have answers!

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Age : 36
Location : Comox, BC, Canada
Joined : 2007-01-23
Post Count : 1378
Merit : 64

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 11:21 am

you can make a cold air duct like this one out of sewer pipe. It requires cutting a bit of
material to enlarge the hole in the fenderwell.



filter companys probably did a cost/benefit analysis and determined it
would not be profitable to make a intake duct for the riv. They
aren't there to help you get performance out of your car, they are
there to make money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Age : 42
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18369
Merit : 241

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 11:30 am

agree

A while back we had a performance company called ModBug who asked us if we would like to have a FWI (Series II) made up. They needed a Riv mule to get measurements from, but no one responded very strongly. I think the lack of interest sorta turned them off.

If we get another chance at this kind of opportunity, we need to jump on it. Thanks to folks like Jason for organizing the sway bar group buy. Regardless of how these purchases turn out (there were some delays) we need to respond to any aftermarket interest in our cars. It's the only way to let them know we are serious about performance.

If we can get that group buy on springs going, I'm in.

_________________
'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'05 GTO • 85k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun


'70 Olds Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe • 116k miles • 455 Rocket V8
Because cool


'95 Celica • 152k miles • 0-60: yes
Because free
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
TType_Riviera
Fanatic
TType_Riviera

Name : Rob
Age : 37
Location : ohio
Joined : 2007-03-05
Post Count : 422
Merit : 0

Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts EmptySat Mar 10, 2007 12:46 pm

BigTexKahuna wrote:
TType_Riviera wrote:
someday ill make one.........another good site is www.turbohoses.com

Okay... 'ya little whippersnapper... MAKE ONE. Just kidding... joker

...but seriously, folks... smoke ...have the marketing geniuses at K&N... or pick another one... simply delegated the 9th Edition Rivieras as your daddy's, or grandpa's car, thus not worthy of any attention toward after-market performance goodies? What the heck... it's become apparent to me that I'm old enough to be most of you guy's pappy already, but I'd sure like to get a little more performance outta my six-banger Series-I. For that matter... is there a CAI kit designed for a Series-II Riviera? If so... I can't seem to find one, and if there is... why won't it fit my '95?

I must ask you guys to cut me some slack if I'm coming off as a complete dolt dunce with some of my questions. I'm in my mid-50's, and most all of the cars I've owned have been good 'ol American V-8's. This Riviera... and I do love it's look... is the very first American V-6 I've ever owned... I just wanna get a little more out of it, and while I've already taken care of the exhaust, I know I need to do something with the air getting into the motor. I'm putting off the idea of 'gutting-the-box' as a very last resort, 'cuz I don't want to screw-up an original part... you know what I mean?

...so, TType... hurry up and get that CAI designed and made. If it works and looks good, let me know what parts to buy... and when you get over here to Honolulu, I'll buy you a Mai-Tai or two cheers , and then have my daughters introduce you to some of their beach bunny friends... but my girls are off limits... nono

YESSSS!!!! Cold Air Kit Ducts Leghump

really though..im taken... for the intake..if i had access to the equipment id do it ina heart beat...i love building things!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131502/1
Sponsored content




Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cold Air Kit Ducts   Cold Air Kit Ducts Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Cold Air Kit Ducts
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» pike going off the feed as the weather gets too cold
» cold hands, warm feet
» Cold Knob 3/21/10
» Cold Knob 3-13-11
» Cold start issue....Please HELP

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riviera Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: