Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

CB radio antenna

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Straighteight
Straighteight

Merit : 1

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:26 am

I have a 98 Rivie and because I use it for tours, and need to communicate with others on the tour, I'd like to change my radio antenna for one I can use with the cb. Kinda like Buick did on the 85's.

Anyone have any experience along these lines? help
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 1:21 pm

I know Radio Shack used to sell an antenna adapter that went inline to the antenna and let you plug in a CB radio. Not sure if they still sell it, but they used to...

Or you can get a short magnetic mount whip. Not the prettiest but you could take the time to run the wires under the back seat and have it on the back edge of the trunk lid.
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 4:06 pm

I actually have a CB in my riv. I pulled out the existing radio antenna and left it under the carpet(seems to work fine, but i rarely use it). Then I modified a CB antenna that is ment to clamp to the door rail to attach to the stock antenna mounting spot. Its hard to describe, maybe I can grab some pics later today FYI.

CB radio antenna Empty
PostSubject: Re: CB radio antenna   CB radio antenna Empty

Back to top Go down

CB radio antenna
Page 1 of 1