Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

An Introduction

Go down 
+4
Jack the R
deekster_caddy
TonySmooth89
krazyfish
8 posters
AuthorMessage
krazyfish
Enthusiast

Name : Jerred
Merit : 4

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptySat May 02, 2009 9:38 pm

Hey guys! i figured i would formally introduce myself.

i live in kentucky and I currently dont own a riviera, but am waiting for the right one to cross my path.

I own a 98 cavalier, its been a good reliable car, but i really need an upgrade. I really cant wait to finally purchase a riv, ive been trying to for about 6 months and just keep having really bad luck in timing and financial issues. but i currenty have everything set to purchase one as soon as i find exactly what im looking for.

Im looking for a 1997 or newer riv with 150k or less miles. Just trying to find the right car at the right price. i look forward to all the advice you all have to offer!
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Welcome and good luck with the purchase. I wouldn't count the 96s out unless you plan on doing some really heavy modding and in that case you should try to keep it under 100k miles , though these motors are known to withstand a lot of abuse.

Feel free to ask any questions , but use the search function first!
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptySun May 03, 2009 12:05 am

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:08 am

Where in KY? I'm in the southwest corner, between Paducah and Nashville.

Keep your eyes peeled. I spent about as much time looking for mine, and then the right one fell into my lap. This was a few years ago so it'll be harder to find ones that clean and has low miles. Keep an eye on autotrader.com.
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:47 pm

Yeah im not absolutely saying no to the 96s i just would rather have the 97. just as long as i get series II im happy. I am really hoping to find one in dark blue. but ill honestly look at anything not green. I just hate the colour green, atleast dark green.

Yeah over the past year i went from almost buying a brand new cobalt SS to a HHR panel. then back down to a cavalier z24. and then i finally settled on riviera. this is actually the second time i have tried to buy one, i almost bought a black one in 2007 but bought the cavy instead.

I live in Elizabethtown, about 40 minutes south of louisville.
Back to top Go down
nothincame2mind
Aficionado

Name : Ryan
Merit : 20

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptySun May 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
curious riv
Addict
curious riv

Name : Chris
Merit : 3

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptyTue May 05, 2009 8:21 am

Welcome!!! Good luck hunting!
(And whats ur deal with dark green?)
Back to top Go down
sburch23
Addict
sburch23

Name : Scott
Merit : 14

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:22 am

I think that Midnight Blue Pearl is one of the best colors for a Riv but then I am prejudiced.

I actually like Polo Green which was used on Cadillac STS and 91 Reattas.
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:01 pm

i just really hate the colour green. bright greens i can do, but dark greens just are not my cup of tea.

As far as getting the midnight blue. ive only found one within 300 miles of my area, and it was sold before i had the cash... If i can find one i will jump on it, but the odds seem slim to none of finding one, so i have no problem settling for any other colour. (besides green)
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Good luck and happy hunting.
My .02 cents, try and find a 98-99.
Back to top Go down
krazyfish
Enthusiast

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction EmptyTue May 05, 2009 8:24 pm

i know about the SI to SII in 96 and the suspension upgrades in 97 what is better about 98-99?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Introduction   An Introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

An Introduction
Page 1 of 1