Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Climate Control LED Part Number

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Craig Smith
Special

Name : Rivlanta
Merit : 0

Climate Control LED Part Number Empty
PostSubject: Climate Control LED Part Number   Climate Control LED Part Number EmptySat May 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Folks...I just took apart my Climate Control Module on my 97 Riv and discovered that I need to replace several of the white LEDs as they are not lighting up.

I see a lot of part number information for the Climate Control button lamps (very helpful), but no part numbers for replacing the six LEDs that surround the buttons.

Can anyone help here? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control LED Part Number   Climate Control LED Part Number EmptySat May 23, 2009 2:09 pm

Likely they are not lighting up due to bad solders, not bad LEDs.

But I don't have the numbers, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Craig Smith
Special

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control LED Part Number   Climate Control LED Part Number EmptySun May 24, 2009 5:04 am

OK...thanks. I will verify the solder joints while I have it apart.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control LED Part Number   Climate Control LED Part Number EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:50 am

The white lights in the CC cluster are small incandescent bulbs. They look kind of like LEDs due to the plastic bases; you can replace them with Radio Shack's "grain of wheat" bulbs.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Craig Smith
Special

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control LED Part Number   Climate Control LED Part Number EmptyMon May 25, 2009 6:13 am

Albertj...I guess I am confused as the lights I'm questioning have the markings of LEDs (the diode polarity symbols) etched on the board. However, after replacing the other "condom" bulbs per your excellent write-up, I seem to have regained enough backlighting to see the buttons in the dark again. Thanks again for the information and your write-up. Without it, I wouldn't have known where to start.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control LED Part Number   Climate Control LED Part Number EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:52 pm

OK I get it. The "Auto' "Vent" and a couple other buttons have amber LEDs behind them. You can get them at Radio Shack, too - and even if you want get different color ones for the different functions, like green for the vent one, red for the main one - there was another post (not mine) about that, but I don't think it had all that much detail.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control LED Part Number   Climate Control LED Part Number Empty

Back to top Go down

Climate Control LED Part Number
Page 1 of 1