Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment

Go down 
+23
gadabout
c0reyl
Rickw
robotennis61
VJD2
#1BearsFan
EatDirtFartDust
Ironclad-454
98RIV7777
rivboy
rivman96
'96reese
99Rivman
Chicken
ewolfe0050
jimmyriv
Mr.Riviera
steve1173
Kustom Kreationz
albertj
AA
deekster_caddy
ibmoses
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:30 am

pain in the arse. lol. btw,ihp,rolf!
Back to top Go down
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:45 am

robotennis61 wrote:
you have to clean all the mating surfaces including the rubber seal. pia, but you have to clean the cables with wd40,then grease with whatever the manufacture recomends for grease. that should help.if you live in Ct then the winter might have made its way into the roof.....

Hmmm, thanks for the tip(s). Hopefully that solves the problem and its nothing worse than just lubing things up. Sounds like another project for a good day. Its pouring here now. Luckily no leaks that I can see so far.

Rickw wrote:
I wouldn't be opening it too much until i figured out what was wrong.
I've not had that problem, but maybe someone else on here has and can help you.

You bet I won't be messing with it. I opened it once and got it shut, now that is where is stays until I figure this out!
Back to top Go down
c0reyl
Addict
c0reyl

Name : Corey
Merit : 2

PostSubject: How do I remove the sliding panel that covers the sunroof?   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:27 pm

I have no idea how to remove it, and since I'm going to dye it, it would be a lot easier if I removed it first
Back to top Go down
gadabout
Special
gadabout

Name : Dee
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Liner Material came loose from Moon Roof Cover   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:30 am

Has anyone every unscrewed the moon roof from outside while the moon roof was opened to access the top side of the moon roof cover?
The cloth on the sliding moon roof cover on the inside has come loose and I would like to repair it and the only way I can see to repair it, other than take the whole headliner out, is to access it from the outside. Help!

Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:34 am

i have re-upholstered mine but did it from the inside. you must remove the entire interior of the roof AND A-pillars AND B-pillars. I couldnt find any other way to do it and its not much fun but do-able in an afternoon.
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t2780p75-write-up-a-pillar-re-upholstery-guage-pods

Back to top Go down
gadabout
Special
gadabout

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:53 am

I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to unscrew the moon roof from the outside once the moon roof is open?

I need to get to the top side of the cover to glue the fabric back tight. It has come loose on the inside where it slides back and forth.
Back to top Go down
gadabout
Special
gadabout

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
bigdave
Fanatic

Name : Dave
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:53 pm

I don't know your budget but you might be surprised at how little an interior shop may charge you for the whole job. Might be worth getting a quote before you tackle this yourself. I had the headliner redone in one of my cars and the price difference for me to pull the headliner or let them do it was only $20. Just something to think about.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:07 pm

gadabout wrote:
Has anyone every unscrewed the moon roof from outside while the moon roof was opened to access the top side of the moon roof cover?
The cloth on the sliding moon roof cover on the inside has come loose and I would like to repair it and the only way I can see to repair it, other than take the whole headliner out, is to access it from the outside. Help!

you might want to get a quote for having a shop do this.
Back to top Go down
Rivlanta
Rivlanta

Name : Craig
Merit : 22

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 5:31 am

Dee...I had the same problem with my interior "moon roof" inside sliding cover. I repaired it by first removing the glass top cover from the outside according to the disassembly instructions in the 1997 Riv Service Manual. Then I was able to remove the sliding cover, re-attach the covering using adhesive, and re-install in reverse order. It was challenging, but not impossible. If you don't have a Riv Service Manual, let me know and I will try and scan the appropriate pages and either upload here, or send them to you in PDF via email.
Back to top Go down
shizzlep
Special

Name : Shawn Perry

PostSubject: Moonroof Motor   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Does anyone know were to find sunroof parts I think my motors shot?
Back to top Go down
R1V 1T UP
Enthusiast
R1V 1T UP

Name : Timothy

PostSubject: Sun / Moon Roof Loud Ratchet Sound   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptySun May 10, 2020 6:12 pm

jimmyriv wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with sunroof limit switches. (Location, adjustment)?
Mine just started acting up.  When opening the back up it makes a loud ratcheting noise at the full up position instead of just stopping. When closing it from that position, it just continues to fully opening instead of stopping at the normal closed position. scratch

This is happening to me now and since the photos posted were so long ago they are no longer visible. Does anyone know how to fix this? My sunroof cover is also in bad condition with the headliner coming off and adhesive flakes getting everywhere when I try to close it. What is the best way to go about fixing this? I think with a little bit of attention it should be in great shape. Thank you for reading!
Back to top Go down
http://livinthedream1.bandcamp.com
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 EmptyWed May 13, 2020 3:15 am

As I think you know, the repairs to the sunroof headliner will most likely require you to drop the headliner and get access to the sunroof.

This will allow you to fix all the fabric falling off by either re-gluing your existing fabric or getting new fabric from an interior shop and scraping everything off and cleaning the surface for a new coat of adhesive. Or you can pay an interior shop to do it all for you if your not comfortable doing it yourself.

Good Luck and post on here what you chose to do. I'm interested as I have a headliner that needs to be done also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment   FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Sunroof/Moonroof Problems & Adjustment
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3