The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

New wheels for 95 Triple black??
Yes
FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 Vote_lcap33%FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
No
FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 Vote_lcap67%FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Steve98
Steve98

Name : Steve
Merit : 2

FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 2:11 pm

I'm thinking of getting a set of these for my Riv:

FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 IhWk2vb

Here are the specs:
Wheel Diameter: 17”
Wheel Width: 7”
Bolt Pattern: 5x115
Offset: 46
Hollander: 4092
Fits: 2008-11 Buick Lucerne

Seems like they would fit the Riv, but I'm a little worried about the offset. Could there be something else I'm missing that could make them not fit?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Guru
albertj

Name :
Merit : 148

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 2:21 pm

the only issue I can think of is tire rubbing on the inner wheel well or a control arm or some such. Lucerne and Riv are (close) cousins, turns out. Lucerne and Park Ave are fraternal twins.
Back to top Go down
jbird
Fanatic
jbird

Name : Jeff
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 2:29 pm

I have 2007 Lucerne CXS 18" rims, they fit perfectly.

Jbird
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 111

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Stock offset for the 7" wide Riviera wheel is 38-40 mm. 6mm is like a 1/4". Should be no problem. Just to be on the safe side, take a look at what clearance you have on the inside of the tire now. It will move 1/4" towards the inner fender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Enthusiast

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 3:03 am

My summer rims are Cadillac STS 7" R16 ones with ET51. No problem at all.
Back to top Go down
Steve98
Steve98

Name : Steve
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 4:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Yeah, I think those rims I identified will work fine. I read this entire thread looking for rim ideas. Very subjective, of course. Larger rims make the Riv look more contemporary, which is good, but 18" rims a bit too contemporary, I feel. I want to hold onto a bit of a retro look. I also want more classy than sporty. I'm hoping those Lucerne wheels will give me what I'm looking for.
Back to top Go down
nickwon
Amateur

Name : Nick
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 10:33 pm

ubushaus wrote:
FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 Atsrim11

I went with these after shattering a stock chrome rim on the highway. Knock off Cadillac ATS rims by OE Wheels. 18x8 with 245-45-18 tires.

Nice wheels, but how's their durability? Before I fit my new nexen tires, I'm planning to buy new rims also and getting some replica ones is one of my options.
Back to top Go down
carguy8888
Enthusiast

Name : Brian Cohen
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Nice job.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 133

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 12:50 am

[quote="ubushaus"]FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 Atsrim11
I would never have guessed it but yeah - that works quite well
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 133

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 12:55 am

FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 I0Ribj

This is a more involved option for sure but the C5 wheels look good. I threw them on my car with 1.25" wheel adapters for the different lug pattern and basically the front is ok like that. The rears will rub the inside of the fender under decently hard steering. The nicer solution I came up with is change the rear wheel hubs out for a the part used on the front of a 4th gen f-body. You need to drill the threads in the hubs through so they're like the riv hubs but that's about it. The wheels fit without an adapter then. The rear hubs off a vette should work for the front but I haven't seen the need to switch yet. Hubs aren't cheap either. I probably will do it though eventually.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Guru
Jack the R

Merit : 90

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 6:35 pm

That could only be more sweet with red brake calipers that say "Corvette" on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv   FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Rims, Wheels that Look Good on the Riv
Page 38 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38