Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

need helping finding the wires for the speakers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
brmcm15
brmcm15

Name : Brandon
Merit : 0

need helping finding the wires for the speakers Empty
PostSubject: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Alright guys im in the process of installing my 4 channel and new speakers and am trying to find the wires to the speakers under the dash that come from through the door and have not had any luck finding them on either side.

if someone has any pictures that would help me that would be great!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:28 pm

they go thru the door jambs, behind kick panels, under dash as part of a BIG bundle. You'd almost be better off running separate wires.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
brmcm15
brmcm15

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:37 pm

yea i was planning on running separate wires but i kinda need to find the old ones under the dash to do it lol.

i took my door off today to replace my window motor and was trying to look through the bundle of wires to see were they come out on the other side of the jamb under the dash but i had no luck.

idk maybe i just have to look harder for them... but there is a buuuuunch of wires under there! lol
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:41 pm

brmcm15 wrote:
yea i was planning on running separate wires but i kinda need to find the old ones under the dash to do it lol.

i took my door off today to replace my window motor and was trying to look through the bundle of wires to see were they come out on the other side of the jamb under the dash but i had no luck.

idk maybe i just have to look harder for them... but there is a buuuuunch of wires under there! lol

I don't think you need to find the old ones; I think you do, however, really need to pull off the front panel of the dash in order to get room to work and run your wires.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
brmcm15
brmcm15

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:51 pm

oh alright.

you think i can see were they come in better if i take off the front?

because i took off the bottom cover and was looking for were it came through from underneath
Back to top Go down
brmcm15
brmcm15

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:14 pm

alright started feeding the wire through and it stop and cant really find were it ended up?

Photobucket

and do u guys think this is were all the wires go when they go through the door?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:19 pm

I think the wire bundle goes through much higher than that, look at the existing bundle of wires coming through the rubber boot! You can feed your new speaker wire right through that boot if you want to. Just make sure you leave a little slack around the area for flex.
Back to top Go down
brmcm15
brmcm15

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:24 pm

alright.

yea in the first pic i was feeding it through the boot form my 50ft of speaker wire i have, but i cant really see were the wires end on the other side
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:01 pm

You can use the OEM wire attached to the speaker to pull the new wire through the door (boot). Go through the speaker hole in the door, cut the OEM wire, tie it around your new wire, and pull it through from under the dash.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:36 pm

AA wrote:
You can use the OEM wire attached to the speaker to pull the new wire through the door (boot). Go through the speaker hole in the door, cut the OEM wire, tie it around your new wire, and pull it through from under the dash.

...IMHO if you can find the old speaker wire you don't need to cut it and pull a new one, except for technical reasons (want a 14 or 12 ga. wire for instance)

Albertj
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 4:12 pm

It seems like he's running an amp, so bigger wires are in order. I think the OEM wires are 20-24 ga.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
brmcm15
brmcm15

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:20 pm

yea im using 14 ga. wire.

and i found were it went into

i just pulled out the boot a little, stuck fingers in there found a hole and ran them threw were the hatch for the trunk is, and rest was a piece

for the passenger side it was wayyyyy easier. just stuck finger in the, found a hole and ran it threw to trunk.

pics of final install soon.
Back to top Go down
brmcm15
brmcm15

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:15 am

alright heres some pics of my install, its alright for a budget install

but took me like 3 days lol.

here i ran it threw the hood hatch, not the trunk.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need helping finding the wires for the speakers   need helping finding the wires for the speakers Empty

Back to top Go down

need helping finding the wires for the speakers
Page 1 of 1