Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EatDirtFartDust
Fanatic

Name : The Josh
Location : Somewhere between Sullivan and Saint Peters Missouri.
Merit : 2

Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy? Empty
PostSubject: Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy?   Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:41 pm

I searched and only thread about iphone gave a link to an app which I'm going to get right now smile

Otherwise, I would like to know how you guys mount your iphones in the riv.

My requirements:
I would like a cradle that I dont have to use two hands to plug in, just set the iphone in and it's plugged.

My radio has bluetooth connection so that's how I get calls, it will autmatically mute/pause the music and the phone call goes over the speakers and I talk into a microphone I have mounted, but I need the phone within easy reach cause it's easier to dial calls or accept calls by using the phone than by using the radio's remote control.

It needs to have an audio out, so I can plug the audio in from my radio to it.

Thus in the end I can be listening to music or whatnot from the iphone through the audio in jack on my headunit, then make calls as I get them.

Any ideas/links are greatly appreciated and I'll promptly supply "+" to your credibility.
Back to top Go down
EatDirtFartDust
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy?   Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:42 pm

Also, I plan on hard-wiring the mount/cradle so I wont use up my accessory plugs or have stray wiring.
Back to top Go down
#1BearsFan
Enthusiast
#1BearsFan

Name : Bill
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy?   Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Josh, need a little background....
First, what head unit do you have in your car?
It must have Aux inputs from what you said..
Some newer units have USB connections.

As for mounting, if you can find a dock that would fit where the ashtray is,
you may be able to create a pop-out dock that would be hidden behind the ashtray cover when you leave the car.
Back to top Go down
EatDirtFartDust
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy?   Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:55 pm

My headunit has USB in, which I usually have a thumb drive plugged into, a seperate audio jack in and bluetooth connection for phone.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/KDC-BT838U

And I'm not too good to take a home/office cradle and glue it to my dash if it works well. It doesn't have to be hidden.
Back to top Go down
EatDirtFartDust
Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy?   Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:56 pm

You know, it's possible if I plug the iphone into the usb jack that I can control it's music with the headunit, I just dont think it would charge it at the same time.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy?   Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy? EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 6:37 am

I have a nice cradle from pro-clip but it wasn't cheap, and you still have to plug it in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy?   Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Iphone users, how to dock that bad boy?
Page 1 of 1