Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit

Go down 
+8
robotennis61
LARRY70GS
69GSColorado
charlieRobinson
AA
Jason
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Maybe we can try a Jegs and or Summit group buy and leave butthole brad out of this?

I can get some emails goin, whatchall think?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:03 pm

..I think Jegs will beat anyones price by a dollar. not sure they'll consider a group buy?would be interesting to find out tho?
Back to top Go down
RidzRiv
Addict
RidzRiv

Name : Greg
Merit : 17

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:02 pm

I'll also add that Neverenoughauto.com said that the original sway bar that I ordered would fit my 95 riviera. It took forever to ship and when it did, it of course didn't fit. After searching through this forum I found what bar I needed and waited for that bar to be shipped to my house after I had returned the wrong bar. The whole process was a hassle. Hearing about this guys attitude towards all of you, I would prefer the name NeverAgainAuto.

p.s. The sad part is that even after all of this they still list addco rear bar 419 as fitting the 95 Buick Riviera.
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

Name : Al Roethlisberger
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:10 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
Ok. Just reply with this list and once we have five guys, not burgers, I will let butthole brad know.

1. zach
2. jordon
3. Al Roethlisberger <-- Me
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Interesting idea to approach Summit AND Jegs about matching Brad's price. If you present this as a guaranteed 5 person buy, I'd think one of them would help you out.

I can understand why you'd still want to order from Brad considering his price is so low, and I wouldn't hold it against you guys just over of this ebay image debacle. The reason I think you should stay away from Brad and NEA is because of the high risk of getting screwed. There's nothing worse than paying your hard earned money to find out it's going to take months to get your stuff, and maybe never. I agree with others' comments about not supporting venders like this - who've gotten seemingly far offering extreme discounts to large numbers of customers, at the expense of a few. My concern is that we could likely be that unfortunate few.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 1:40 pm

I've special ordered a few hard to get items from Jegs without any problem.Maybe I had to wait a little longer but Jegs stands by everything they sell and they dont mess around AT ALL! If I were buying a torque bar And if they sold it for a few dollars more I would rather get it from Jegs.
The little guy should by definition be going the extra mile.
Back to top Go down
joshuadalegrimes
Addict
joshuadalegrimes

Name : josh
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 1:41 pm

ill pay extra and order from addco before id order from that asshat
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Anyone in OH/KY/PA ordering from JEGs: I'm just down the road from their headquarters, and would be more than willing to pick up your bars and hold for you, to avoid the shipping charge. You can pick up from me at your convenience, or I can bring the bars to you next time I drive near your area.

(OH people will pay tax on orders from JEGs or Summit, FYI. This might help to offset that.)

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
joshuadalegrimes
Addict
joshuadalegrimes

Name : josh
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:49 pm

damn aa wish i had of known i passed by jegs friday in the rental (vw beetle i gave it hell) could of stopped by and said hey
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Wouldn't have worked out. I was in central PA on Friday & Saturday.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:37 pm

I also got my front and rear bars from NEA. The first front bar I got was missing all the linkage and bushings and they exchanged it for another. The second bar was twisted and exchanged. The third fit.

The first rear bar I got was the wrong part number altogether. Exchanged that for the right one. I did get to discuss with John from Addco and my rear bar came with the right rear bushings.

Needless to say the whole process was a hassle, but I don't know how much of it was whose fault. I'm not sure if NEA actually touched my bars or if they were drop shipped directly from Addco. I've always had good experiences with Addco in the past, but this particular job seemed unusually difficult.

Based on the reply to AA's email I wouldn't recommend them. Based on my experience... it was 'meh'.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:37 pm

RidzRiv wrote:
I'll also add that Neverenoughauto.com said that the original sway bar that I ordered would fit my 95 riviera. It took forever to ship and when it did, it of course didn't fit. After searching through this forum I found what bar I needed and waited for that bar to be shipped to my house after I had returned the wrong bar. The whole process was a hassle. Hearing about this guys attitude towards all of you, I would prefer the name NeverAgainAuto.

p.s. The sad part is that even after all of this they still list addco rear bar 419 as fitting the 95 Buick Riviera.

They were basing themselves on Addco's published parts catalogue, which is still wrong. If you called summit or jeg's to order an addco bar for a 1995 riviera, you would have received the wrong bar.

deekster_caddy wrote:
I also got my front and rear bars from NEA. The first front bar I got was missing all the linkage and bushings and they exchanged it for another. The second bar was twisted and exchanged. The third fit.

The first rear bar I got was the wrong part number altogether. Exchanged that for the right one. I did get to discuss with John from Addco and my rear bar came with the right rear bushings.

Needless to say the whole process was a hassle, but I don't know how much of it was whose fault. I'm not sure if NEA actually touched my bars or if they were drop shipped directly from Addco. I've always had good experiences with Addco in the past, but this particular job seemed unusually difficult.

Based on the reply to AA's email I wouldn't recommend them. Based on my experience... it was 'meh'.

For the original GP, all the bars except for the 1st set were drop shipped. Hopefully, people looking at purchasing swaybars today realise that Summit and Jegs will have also have your order drop shipped. The only people who have any control over shipping time, hardware inclusions/exclusions and quality control are the folks at Addco.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 4:24 pm

I got an update from butthole brad last night:

Quote :
Combo:
2015 by iteself: $147 shipped
2018 by iteself: $222 shipped
Combo: $339 shipped

Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Jason wrote:
RidzRiv wrote:

They were basing themselves on Addco's published parts catalogue, which is still wrong. If you called summit or jeg's to order an addco bar for a 1995 riviera, you would have received the wrong bar.

deekster_caddy wrote:

For the original GP, all the bars except for the 1st set were drop shipped. Hopefully, people looking at purchasing swaybars today realise that Summit and Jegs will have also have your order drop shipped. The only people who have any control over shipping time, hardware inclusions/exclusions and quality control are the folks at Addco.

great point! I ordered a rear bar from NEA way back in 08 and I got a rear bar for a 79 Caprice classic.I called NEA and they failed a second time and I got a front bar for a I dont know what? I called Addco and they patched me thru to John who was here in Vegas at SEMA and he straightened it all out and sent me an RA# for the returns.
If you give Jegs or Summit the correct part number and convince them that the # they have is wrong and yours is right,they will send you the correct bar.Ya just gotta let em know.
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 9:58 pm

FYI, NEA now has the front bar for $195 and free shipping, and the rear for $151 also with free shipping. That's good pricing.

I've dropped Summit a note to see if they will match pricing since it is a "buy it now" and not an auction.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Yahhhh, it's still hard to drop $150 for a metal bar, addco 2015. dang it.

I'm going to do it, but... Why not $99?

frown no one even uses this part besides us anyways...
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 3:34 pm

I can't speak for Addco's COGS, but even the mass produced OEM bars are $100. Small volume products will always be higher cost relative.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm really curious to see how an F41 bar up front, Addco in the rear, STS strut bar, and Eibach springs come together.

So far, I love the way the car corners. Just a little more overstreer and it might be perfect. The fat addco bar should do just that.

Maybe if I need anymore I will check out a strut bar in the trunk too. Doubt I will need anymore though.

Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:57 pm

The dope set up would be a NASCAR style rear bar or a Torsion bar. I have a formula for it,mostly,& it would be a hundred times better than Addco's.Gotta bust out the welder & make it happen.Torsion bars are cheaper than Addcos too.

like this

http://www.1speedway.com/Images/Sway%20Bars/wc_swaybars_150.jpg

and arms

http://www.1speedway.com/sw-top-band4.gif

and hardware is at bottom of that page.Super easy to install and so many different rates to choose from. The experts say a stiffer rear bar on a FD car is preferred. I agree.

Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Just got the 2015 rear bar for $145 shipped.
Back to top Go down
al_roethlisberger
Junkie
al_roethlisberger

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 3:16 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
From? NEA, Jegs, Summit??

Thanks
Al
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 3:34 pm

al_roethlisberger wrote:

charlieRobinson wrote:
From?  NEA, Jegs, Summit??

Thanks
Al

NEA ebay offer
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Ima need some brackets and bushings for the 2015 rear bar. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 65

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:34 pm

wait to see if the bar comes with the GM orange bushings.  It proabaly wont.  Then buy those orange bushings (25666235) from GM.

I have a spare set, but I'm sure it will cost more in shipping than to just buy it outright.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit   Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Group Buy: ADDCO F/R Sway Bar Kit
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next