HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 
 

 Tape/CD holder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
crosss3
Amateur


Name : Steve
Joined : 2009-11-18
Post Count : 38
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Tape/CD holder   Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 am

First post here guys. Just bought a 97 Riv and it came with the tape holder not the CD holder. Does anyone know if you can replace just the holder or would I have to go in a new direction? thanks
Back to top Go down
BKRIV
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Bill
Location : Sandusky Ohio
Joined : 2007-11-22
Post Count : 160
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:13 pm

If anyone has a write-up for the removal of the CD holder it would be appreciated. I think this would be the best spot for boost and temp gauges but I'm not very good working around plastic clips and don't want to ruin an otherwise good looking dash.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
avatar

Name : Aaron
Age : 40
Location : C-bus, Ohio
Joined : 2007-01-13
Post Count : 18310
Merit : 239

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:41 pm

This may help with removal: Write-Up: Center Console Removal

_________________
'98 SC Riviera 268k miles 298 HP/370 TQ 0-60: 5.79s ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 4087 lb 20.1 avg MPG Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley AL104 plugs 180 t-stat FWI w/K&N 1.9:1 rockers OR pushrods LS6 valve springs SLP headers ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts MaxAir shocks Addco sway bars UMI bushings GM STB Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus SS lines Brembo slotted discs DHP tuned Aeroforce Hidden Hitch


'05 GTO 49k miles 0-60: 4.8s 16.9 avg MPG Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
#1BearsFan
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Bill
Location : North Carolina
Joined : 2008-07-28
Post Count : 231
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:48 pm

Welcome Steve!
Post up some pic's of your 97!
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
avatar

Name : Larry
Age : 60
Location : Oakland Gardens, NY
Joined : 2007-01-23
Post Count : 1507
Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:33 pm

The ashtray and CD holders pull straight out. The whole piece is held in by clips. Very easy.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
avatar

Name : Randall
Location : North Carolina
Joined : 2007-01-16
Post Count : 2009
Merit : 87

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:49 pm

AA wrote:
This may help with removal: Write-Up: Center Console Removal
Larry is right, it just pulls out.

The link Aaron posted shows the figure that tells you exactly where the clips are located, would be helpful on where to "pull", where the clip are read
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
duckstu
Member


Name : Stuart
Joined : 2009-11-23
Post Count : 86
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:38 pm

The CD and tape holders snap into a socket on the back of the console face. You can take one out and put the other one in.

I picked up one from the local parts yard for my car,.....and the guy I bought my car from had a spare of each,..but I didn't take them. I have no use for mine,...I just put it in there to fill the hole.

I can't confirm it,..but I think on the '99's they replaced it with a trip computer or something. It's exremely hard to find pics of stuff on this site, so i haven;t been able to find a good pic or info on the changes to the last year. (I think they also added an "exit" button to the drivers' seat.).
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
avatar

Name : Mark
Location : West Salem, Oregon... FINALLY
Joined : 2009-04-09
Post Count : 3014
Merit : 100

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:45 pm

Unfortunately, the 7th generation Rivieras never had trip computers, the '99s still had the music holder.

[Correction: our cars are Gen 8... I forgot that the Riv had to follow the downsized RWD LeSabre for '77-'78.]

All years had an Exit button for the driver's seat, if they had the MSM option.


Last edited by Eldo on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ash
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Marty
Age : 39
Location : S. Central Indiana
Joined : 2008-05-21
Post Count : 115
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:43 pm

duckstu wrote:
I can't confirm it,..but I think on the '99's they replaced it with a trip computer or something. It's exremely hard to find pics of stuff on this site, so i haven;t been able to find a good pic or info on the changes to the last year. (I think they also added an "exit" button to the drivers' seat.).
No trip computer in mine. Just the run-of-the-mill CD holders. yawn
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
avatar

Name : Bert
Location : North Alabama
Joined : 2008-02-03
Post Count : 1701
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:41 pm

duckstu wrote:
The CD and tape holders snap into a socket on the back of the console face. You can take one out and put the other one in.

I picked up one from the local parts yard for my car,.....and the guy I bought my car from had a spare of each,..but I didn't take them. I have no use for mine,...I just put it in there to fill the hole.

I can't confirm it,..but I think on the '99's they replaced it with a trip computer or something. It's exremely hard to find pics of stuff on this site, so i haven;t been able to find a good pic or info on the changes to the last year. (I think they also added an "exit" button to the drivers' seat.).

The wife's 99 has the exit button, very cool feature, it is.

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
avatar

Name : Kyle
Age : 29
Location : Malone, New York
Joined : 2009-03-15
Post Count : 638
Merit : 15

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:42 pm

ibmoses wrote:
duckstu wrote:
The CD and tape holders snap into a socket on the back of the console face. You can take one out and put the other one in.

I picked up one from the local parts yard for my car,.....and the guy I bought my car from had a spare of each,..but I didn't take them. I have no use for mine,...I just put it in there to fill the hole.

I can't confirm it,..but I think on the '99's they replaced it with a trip computer or something. It's exremely hard to find pics of stuff on this site, so i haven;t been able to find a good pic or info on the changes to the last year. (I think they also added an "exit" button to the drivers' seat.).

The wife's 99 has the exit button, very cool feature, it is.

Bert tavis

My 98 has the exit button too.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
avatar

Name : Mark
Location : West Salem, Oregon... FINALLY
Joined : 2009-04-09
Post Count : 3014
Merit : 100

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:18 pm

As I said above, all the cars with Memory Seat & Mirrors have an Exit button...
Back to top Go down
Ash
Enthusiast
avatar

Name : Marty
Age : 39
Location : S. Central Indiana
Joined : 2008-05-21
Post Count : 115
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:06 pm

Ha.
I've owned my '99 for a year and a half and just noticed the exit button yesterday. (I'm the only one that drives it.)
Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Hard4unot2
Amateur
avatar

Name : Herb
Location : Detroit
Joined : 2009-12-18
Post Count : 41
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Tape/CD holder   Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Welcome Steve! Just got here myself and between theses guys and all of the links my 8 hour shift is just about over! Merry X-mas Everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://hseintegrated.com
 
Tape/CD holder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Where to get lead tape for putter?
» Self Amalgamating Tape
» Stuck Tape Adapter
» Reflective tape?
» Caddis Fly Rod Holder for $10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riviera Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: