Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Post pics of your wood dash kit here.

Go down 
+50
charlieRobinson
th3fr4nchi5e
joshuadalegrimes
llamalor2112
matt270avian
stan
Natesriv
69GSColorado
LaFlare
ghpcnm
eastside604
GMFreak8
fieromanie
KillaKeninaRiv
Workman
ibmoses
71stagegs
Hometown Hero
LARRY70GS
Snowdog
Rickw
woggy
robotennis61
DEMonte1997
duckstu
BoattailBob
SC95Riv
palermocorey90
TradeMark
RhinoFLA
¤DoughBoy¤
98riv
97Riv-Jon
SpaceBar
jimmyriv
1998 Riv
okiedrifter
NO 4 EVR
sburch23
Jack the R
racinfan
xxsupergman25xx
jax95riv
oldsman105
SilverArrow102
lionfish
Andysdorm
T Riley
AA
99Rivman
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
duckstu

Name : Stuart
Merit : 10

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Snowdog wrote:
i like it tho BUT...i think the ones on the door where the buttons are too much...

just the upper dash whit door plastics where the vents and passenger climate controlls, also the centre from centre vents till shifter.

I agree. The worst piece of these kits I see is the piece that covers the center vents in the dash right above the ash-tray. Most people don't install this piece fortunately.

And the ones on the buttons are a bit much. Not only do they cause the buttons to become recessed,...but every button hole is one more place where you can see the origional piece underneath,.... which screams that it is only an overlay. Of course they ARE overlays,...but the fewer clues the better.

For my money it would be just the pieces arcoss the top of the doors and dash,...and the center stack from below the center vents to the shifter.

The vents on the back of the console and the rear ash trays etc look cheap in most cases.
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Snowdog wrote:
i like it tho BUT...i think the ones on the door where the buttons are too much...

just the upper dash whit door plastics where the vents and passenger climate controlls, also the centre from centre vents till shifter. rear vent and maybe rear passenger sides.

anything else woudl be a bit 'ower done' in my eyes.
but it's just in my eyes. every person has diferent taist.

otherwise very nice kit, which mine could have been real wood..

My favorite part is the where it surrounds the switches. Wish they made more pieces for the rear arm rests. Everyone has their preferences though. I believe you can order the pieces you want and leave out the ones you don't want. It would have to be a special order though. I had to replace the passenger side panel because the one they sent me with the kit was defective. The lettering was reversed for the door lock switch function. "Lock", and "Unlock" were reversed. The company I ordered the kit from resolved the problem quickly and efficiently. They kept me informed at all stages of the process. Thumbs up for www.carid.com
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm definitely going to order something this winter but I'm torn.
I love the Wood, but I also like the Carbon Fiber.

That's why i need to see multiple versions on different interior and exterior color combination's.
I feel the Exterior plays a lot into the decision making process, not just the Interior.
The Interior color is #1 reason, Exterior #2.
But I may not have to give it much thought after Randall ships me the Carbon fiber Kit he has.
Ha just doesn't know it yet.!!!
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Probably a pretty stupid and simpley answered question... but how do you post pictures of your rides on here?
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Hometown Hero wrote:
Probably a pretty stupid and simpley answered question... but how do you post pictures of your rides on here?

Go to www.photobucket.com and open up a free account. You upload pictures from your computer to photobucket, and they have links which you can copy and paste into your posts.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 7:46 pm

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:29 am

LARRY70GS wrote:
Snowdog wrote:

just the upper dash whit door plastics where the vents and passenger climate controlls, also the centre from centre vents till shifter. rear vent and maybe rear passenger sides.

anything else woudl be a bit 'ower done' in my eyes.
but it's just in my eyes. every person has diferent taist.

otherwise very nice kit, which mine could have been real wood..

My favorite part is the where it surrounds the switches. Wish they made more pieces for the rear arm rests. Everyone has their preferences though. I believe you can order the pieces you want and leave out the ones you don't want. It would have to be a special order though. I had to replace the passenger side panel because the one they sent me with the kit was defective. The lettering was reversed for the door lock switch function. "Lock", and "Unlock" were reversed. The company I ordered the kit from resolved the problem quickly and efficiently. They kept me informed at all stages of the process. Thumbs up for www.carid.com
Sherwood does offer their kit two ways, with and without the switch surround, but they don't offer any of the other items.
I thought about checking on the ones that go around the vents and the one below that at one time, I thought it would give it more of the look of the '65 console, but haven't done anything about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 am

Rickw wrote:
I feel the Exterior plays a lot into the decision making process, not just the Interior.
That was why I went with the Dark Burlwood in my '95, I thought it was the best choice with the Black/Platinum Beige cheers
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:36 am

Rickw wrote:
But I may not have to give it much thought after Randall ships me the Carbon fiber Kit he has.
I might be tempted except I think the Black Carbon Fiber would be a TERIBLE choice for your color combination! wink
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:49 am

black carbon fiber woudld look perfext whti charcoal interjor.
maybe some aluminium/silver stripes there tho and im sure it would look very sporty
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 1:41 pm

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 027
Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 029
Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 031
Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 032

There is more in the back and on the center console but the camera died.razz Owell I have to put it in storage for the winter anwayz.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Hometown Hero wrote:
Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 027
Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 029
Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 031
Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 032

There is more in the back and on the center console but the camera died.razz Owell I have to put it in storage for the winter anwayz.
I agree, terrible pictures. Can't tell what color the interior is and the wood kit, or was that Carbon Fiber.??
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:59 pm

99Rivman wrote:
Rickw wrote:
I might be tempted except I think the Black Carbon Fiber would be a TERIBLE choice for your color combination! wink
I was half kidding, but you think that kit wouldn't work with a Tan Interior.??? This is why I was in favor of people posting pic's...... and i trust your experienced judgment..
WAH!! WAH!!! WAH!!!

What color wood do you recommend.????
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 7:19 pm

What does this mean????

IT = WHAT>?

lT Grey interior
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 7:32 pm

Rickw wrote:I agree, terrible pictures. Can't tell what color the interior is and the wood kit, or was that Carbon Fiber.??

Its Titanium Burl wood, interior is charcoal, again sorry bout the pictures. They do it no justice at all, I will do a nice shoot of the whole car with the big camera after the spring thaw. This just gives you a rough idea @ least.
Back to top Go down
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

Name : steve
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:23 pm

LARRY70GS wrote:
Here are all the pictures I took of my Sherwood kit. I couldn't be happier with the kit. IMHO, it is the best color for the tan interior. This is the real Rosewood kit.

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 DashKit1

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 DashKit5

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 DashKit7

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 DashKit8
Wow larry wins that looks sharp thumbsup Did you just paint that car it looks brand new. lecture
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:50 pm

71stagegs wrote:
[just paint that car it looks brand new. lecture

lmao lmao
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:20 am

Rickw wrote:
99Rivman wrote:
Rickw wrote:
I was half kidding, but you think that kit wouldn't work with a Tan Interior.??? This is why I was in favor of people posting pic's...... and i trust your experienced judgment..
WAH!! WAH!!! WAH!!!

What color wood do you recommend.????
It's hard to say which would be the best choice? I'm sure I have seen the Riv in the Green Mettalic as you say yours is but since we have never seen yours in the Showroom here it would be a guess at best?!? As you said, the Exterior plays a part in that decision.

99Rivman wrote:
Rickw wrote:
That was why I went with the Dark Burlwood in my '95, I thought it was the best choice with the Black/Platinum Beige cheers

99Rivman wrote:

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 08410

Sherwood Kit ... Dark Burlwood (real wood kit) ... Black/Platinum Beige interior
I thought a DARK wood dash would look best with my dark exterior color ...

LARRY70GS wrote:
I couldn't be happier with the kit. IMHO, it is the best color for the tan interior. This is the real Rosewood kit.

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 DashKit1
And Larry opted for a lighter/medium dash for his light colored Riv ...
LOOK GREAT LARRY! cheers

It also depends on what look you are going for, as has been said here before the wood gives the Riv more of a look of Luxury and the Carbon Fiber gives a more Sporty look.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:38 am

Rickw wrote:
What does this mean????

IT = WHAT>?

lT Grey interior
Wondered, who is this for and what does it mean??? bonk
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:45 am

Hometown Hero wrote:
Its Titanium Burl wood, interior is charcoal, again sorry bout the pictures.
Again, nice choice thumbsup
... I think they should have offered the Graphite interior longer than just '95! I think it looks sharp!
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 9:52 am

99Rivman wrote:
Rickw wrote:
What does this mean????

IT = WHAT>?

lT Grey interior
agree drunk wink
Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:28 pm

99Rivman wrote:
Rickw wrote:
What does this mean????

IT = WHAT>?

lT Grey interior
Still wondering???
Back to top Go down
Workman
Special

Name : Brad Workman
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Pic Req. Graphite Interiors and/or black marble trim kits   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 pm

I'm considering the marble looking trim kit for my black riviera with graphite interior. Let's see what you got.
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:00 am

I've got Ebony Zebra Wood and a mid-gray interior -

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 24_fin_01

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 24_fin_02

Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 24_fin_03

There might be a closer match to your combo in this thread.

You might want to read my install thread if you haven't already. I did a lot more than peel n stick.
Back to top Go down
Workman
Special

Name : Brad Workman
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:19 am

That actually looks pretty good. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I want for mine. I've never seen another one with graphite interior and mine is just too plain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post pics of your wood dash kit here.   Post pics of your wood dash kit here. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post pics of your wood dash kit here.
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next