Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

hello and thank you in advance

Go down 
+3
robotennis61
IBx1
jeff thompson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jeff thompson
Rookie

Name : jeff thompson
Merit : 0

hello and thank you in advance Empty
PostSubject: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:06 pm

hello group
I bought a 95 sc not knowing much about it and now i'm going to learn alot about it with your help it has all the classic problems and i'm going to the interior section to list them - - i'm afraid a dealer is going to have to tackle these gremlins i am hoping i can do them myself though - - with your help help
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:07 pm

What kinds of problems are there? You should get a signature listing your year, miles, and other general info like that for future reference because each year Riviera is quite different from the next.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 6:14 pm

what"classic" problems are you talking about?the seat warmer comes on by itself and warms your bum in the dead of summer and cant be shut off? or the supercharger coughs on acceleration instead of whining? or the hood pulls a Christine on you and shuts itself on your head while your working under the hood? those problems? dont worry they are quite normal and nothing to be concerned about.
Back to top Go down
jeff thompson
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:01 pm

llan, i will update my profile of my 95 sc with 123xxx miles - sorry about any bold mis punctuationshello and thank you in advance 004[/img]
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Hello, Jeff. Thanks for the image. Could you give some more info about what this part is, and the problem you are experiencing? Thx.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:12 pm

This is one of the HVAC controllers.

Can someone explain where the position of the Blue plastic gear should be in relation to the other gears, Normally. ???
I forget, but I think this one needs to be indexed properly.
It appears to be out of Sync.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:30 pm

Try removing the white plastic gears and repositioning the Blue gear so that it is in the center of it's normal travel (rotation) and re-installing it and trying to operate the HVAC system and, if this actuator is rotating then continue until you find the center of it's operating range.
Or as Randall did and make a 5volt powerpack to operate the Actuator and try to reposition it that way. If the gears operate with 5 or so volts you have a good Actuator and just need to center or index it properly.
Then everything should be working properly.
Good Luck and report back what you find.
Back to top Go down
TheAviator
TheAviator

Name : Jason
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Rickw wrote:
This is one of the HVAC controllers.

Can someone explain where the position of the Blue plastic gear should be in relation to the other gears, Normally. ???
I forget, but I think this one needs to be indexed properly.
It appears to be out of Sync.

Is that the lil bastard causing my problems....wow
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Interesting, just tonight I had my pass. Side actuator out and was looking for the writeup about it with no success. If somebody could locate that writeup and please add it to the 'write-ups' links I would also appreciate it.

Jeff, in your user profile add the car's info to the 'signature' area and turn on your signature.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:39 pm

Derek, is this the write-up you are talking about?

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/interior-f20/write-up-hvac-assembly-t2500.htm

If so, it's listed in the Interior Write-Ups index.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
jeff thompson
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 am

a 9 volt battery worked for my motor - moved the grey female hub to the 1oclock position on the outside case, i still have to check if that solved anything
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:54 am

AA wrote:
Derek, is this the write-up you are talking about?

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/interior-f20/write-up-hvac-assembly-t2500.htm

If so, it's listed in the Interior Write-Ups index.

No, there was one where somebody showed how to repair and/or reindex the gears inside the actuator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello and thank you in advance   hello and thank you in advance Empty

Back to top Go down

hello and thank you in advance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: