Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ridin-Rivi
Enthusiast
Ridin-Rivi

Name : Darrin
Merit : 0

Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint Empty
PostSubject: Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint   Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:43 am

I just ordered a new door handle off of ebay for the drivers side. It comes primered in black. Does anyone know where I can get some Pearl White spray paint?
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint   Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Ridin-Rivi wrote:
I just ordered a new door handle off of ebay for the drivers side. It comes primered in black. Does anyone know where I can get some Pearl White spray paint?

in some paint shops you can ask them to make you a spray paint. just need the right color code.

but pearl white. i think pearl paints need 3 diferent layers...
1 was maybe silver or something what goes 1st, 2nd was the paint and 3rd gloss. or maybe even 4 layers, cant remember. wanted in 1st place paint my car whit green pearl, bud did not find the right color.
Back to top Go down
Steve98
Steve98

Name : Steve
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint   Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Did you try paintscratch.com?

http://www.paintscratch.com/

Enter your year, make and model and it takes you to a page where you can order white diamond pearl tri-coat.
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint   Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:00 pm

I am a parts guy for a living. Just take the paint code off your door into a shop like napa,B2B, Partsource, etc. they can either take the code and mix you a pint and then put it into spray bombs, or there is a company called sherwin williams that they can order directly from who mixes for them.

Typical prices for pearls are much higher because of the variables needed to make them so be expecting somewhere around $25-$30 per spray bomb and probably $60 or more for a pint. Most places won't mix it for you if its less than a pint, but hey it never hurts to have a lil extra for touch ups down the road.

Good luck hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Name : Kyle
Merit : 15

PostSubject: Re: Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint   Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:33 pm

When I got my hood repainted by my Ex's father who runs a body shop, I only had to buy paint. A pint of the base, plus a pint of the pearl coat, and a pint of clear coat was $250. This was from PPG chemicals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint   Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint Empty

Back to top Go down

Where to get 1998 Pearl White Paint
Page 1 of 1