HomeDashboardFAQSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksMemberlistLog in
Share | 

Write-Up: Filled Rear Motor/Transmission Mount

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
AA
Administrator

Name : Aaron
Merit : 239

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Filled Rear Motor/Transmission Mount   Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:22 pm

My thinking is that pucks, being vulcanized rubber, offer some insulation against NVH, while working like a solid mount against torquing forces of the engine. Urethane bushings are the same idea, whereas a sold bronze bushing is straight-up race car stuff. Using metal-on-metal will rattle the interior considerably more than using rubber pucks, imo.

'98 SC Riviera 268k miles 298 HP/370 TQ 0-60: 5.79s ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 4087 lb 20.1 avg MPG Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley AL104 plugs 180 t-stat FWI w/K&N 1.9:1 rockers OR pushrods LS6 valve springs SLP headers ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts MaxAir shocks Addco sway bars UMI bushings GM STB Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus SS lines Brembo slotted discs DHP tuned Aeroforce Hidden Hitch

'05 GTO 49k miles 0-60: 4.8s 16.9 avg MPG Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26
Because fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
charlieRobinson
Expert

Name : Charlie
Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Filled Rear Motor/Transmission Mount   Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:19 pm

Man, this window weld is something else. Kinda thinking I shouldve went with the liquid urethane pour method instead...

Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert

Name : Matt
Merit : 49

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Filled Rear Motor/Transmission Mount   Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:06 pm

charlieRobinson wrote:
Man, this window weld is something else. Kinda thinking I shouldve went with the liquid urethane pour method instead...

What's not to like about it? I used it and I loved it. I found it easier to cut open the tube and shove it in with my (gloved) fingers.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert

Name : Codith
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Filled Rear Motor/Transmission Mount   Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:40 pm

matt270avian wrote:

charlieRobinson wrote:

What's not to like about it? I used it and I loved it. I found it easier to cut open the tube and shove it in with my (gloved) fingers.

You dirty bastard pimp
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert

Name : Matt
Merit : 49

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Filled Rear Motor/Transmission Mount   Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:49 pm

turtleman wrote:

matt270avian wrote:

charlieRobinson wrote:

You dirty bastard pimp

Oh.... OH............... I see what you did there.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Filled Rear Motor/Transmission Mount   Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Here are some shots of my trans mounts. Front and rear. I filled the rear one and the ends caps for the front. I cut a gallon jug in half and filled it with sand so the rear mount would sit nice and straight. I rolled paper and used it as a spacer for the front mount end caps. Once they were filled, I removed the paper. Really hoping this rear mount fits my car. Looks like it should but we shall see... I only have doubts because I ordered front and rear from rock auto and the front they sent me was for 98 and earlier gen 8 models.

Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Write-Up: Filled Rear Motor/Transmission Mount   Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Got the rear mount installed today. WOW!

The Riv even starts better now! I used to have this final rocking motion when I put it into park after stopping. Not any more!

shifts? the very noticeable 1st to 2nd drawn out shift lag I had before, GONE! all shifts feel like butter now. It's just beautiful! Feels like a different car. That is how much effect this rear mount swap had.

wow.

Previously, you may have read that my DP was resting on the heatshield above the rack n P. NOT ANY MORE! I now have about 1.5" clearance over the heat shield thanks to the new rear mount and the flex joint of the DP looks a lot happier! Wow!

Very satisfied and grateful for the gains this mount has made bow
Back to top Go down

Write-Up: Filled Rear Motor/Transmission Mount
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8