Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

PCM Tuning Service

Go down 
+10
VJD2
robotennis61
T Riley
crlombardi69
1998 Riv
L8-2BNGO
Eldo
deekster_caddy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:41 pm

A local tuner here charges $40 per tune and $75 for a IN-depth tune, and $75 for a dyno tune.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 pm

that's pretty funny Travis. i just realized that your moving cursor is actually a game! ha ha!
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm

I can definitely do a 'box' tune based on my experiences, and customize much more with some extensive scans sent along
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:02 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
I can definitely do a 'box' tune based on my experiences, and customize much more with some extensive scans sent along

If i were you i'd offer a tuning option where they fly you to them... to tune their car.. you could be THAT guy.. that's just a fucking baller with a V dub and no riviera..
neutral
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:26 pm

1998 Riv wrote:
Ah, so for the most part, we'll never experience the high speed operation, at 230deg.

Right. I think the only time I've ever heard the fans was while idling with the A/C on, after driving up a steep, winding road in the summer... And when it got back down to 212-215, they went back to virtually-silent low speed.

Aaron, I double-checked and pulled this out of the '98 manual:

"During low speed operation, the PCM supplies a ground path for the Cool Fan 1 relay through the Low Speed Fans control circuit. This energizes the relay coil, closes the Fan 1 relay contacts, and supplies current to the primary cooling fan. The ground path for the primary cooling fan is through the series/parallel cooling fan relay (Cool Fan 2 Relay) and secondary cooling fan motor. The result is a series circuit with both fans running at low speed.

To command high speed cooling fan operation, the PCM first supplies a ground path for the low speed cooling fan (Cool Fan 1) relay through the Low Speed Fans Control circuit. After a 3 seconds delay, the PCM supplies a ground path for the series/parallel (Cool Fan 2 Relay) and the high speed cooling fan (Cool Fan #3) relays through the High Speed Fans Control circuit. During high speed operation, both the primary and the secondary cooling fans are supplied current from through their respective maxifuse and each fan has its own ground."

Back to top Go down
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 am

Bringing this back up from the dead thanks to Aaron in the shift kit thread.

Derek, I'd def be interested in this deal for my '97 but are you still offering this? Unfortunately I don't have a way to scan the car.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:46 am

LOL, the thread is less than a month old. I'm sure deekster is still in business. wink

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:56 am

Hey you never know wink

Better to ask than assume.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:58 am

I'm sure he can help you - you may be his very first customer!

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 11:50 am

Hey I haven't started the business yet!! I only have a 2000 GTP PCM at this time. I am not sure if I can flash it to be a 1998 Riviera, so i have to try it on my own car before I charge money to send it to somebody else! Plus I haven't figured out how you will get a CASE learn on a PCM I send you in the mail. probably the best thing is for you to send me your OE PCM, then I just read it and reflash it with the appropriate changes. In some cases I may be able to find a stock PCM file for your car so i can have the tune ready for a quick turnaround.

My day job and some stuff at home have kept me very busy lately, and I haven't had a lot of time to think about this much more. I'll put some time into it this week if I can.

-Derek
Back to top Go down
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Derek that would be great. I'll see if I can get my hands on a stock 97 PCM and just send that to you. You can mess around with that one all you like.

Let me know when you get the time. We are all busy especially with the good weather coming back!
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Derek, how do you know if your PCM is running the bad fuel table?

My boost solenoid still isn't cutting on and I'm trying to figure out why or if my computer can disable boost and for what reasons. I didn't really see much on the in the FSM.
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Name : Matt
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:30 pm

turtleman wrote:

My boost solenoid still isn't cutting on and I'm trying to figure out why or if my computer can disable boost and for what reasons. I didn't really see much on the in the FSM.

I dont think it would cut boost, just run the crappy timing table.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:59 am

I don't think there's any way to tell. It's for temporary use when you are seeing regular amounts of KR.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:08 pm

By chance, do you have access to a spare 97 riv PCM, Deek? I thought I remember you having another PCM.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:16 pm

I think if you pull the PCM fuse the fuel trims (bad fuel table) will reset.

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:46 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
2000 GTP PCM at this time. I am not sure if I can flash it to be a 1998 Riviera,

dudeeeee deeek.. if you don't know this yet.. well than.. tongue

98-02 3.8 gm pcm's can be interchanged cool
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:04 pm

turtleman wrote:

Cody, I admit I don't know what the "bad fuel table" is, but as reminders (from my e-FSM):

- The boost control system regulates induction boost pressure during rapid deceleration, under very high engine load situations, and anytime reverse gear is selected.

- and the 'logic' for the Boost CONTROL Solenoid is confusing... it keeps flopping back and forth: Under most conditions, the PCM commands the boost control solenoid to operate at a 100% duty cycle (ON), keeping the solenoid valve closed and allowing only inlet vacuum to control the position of the bypass valve.

I always have to remind myself about this, 'cuz to me, the CONTROL solenoid should be commanded 0% (OFF) to keep the valve closed, only commanding ON when the back-pressure is desired to reduce the boost. And of course, this is all on the opposite side of the diaphragm from the usual control source... confused
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:50 pm

It's like trying to remember how things naturally work at or near sea level, then you have a problem at 40,000 ft.
It can mess with your head at first. And does to this day. Need to stop and close your eyes and think.
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Rickw wrote:
It's like trying to remember how things naturally work at or near sea level, then you have a problem at 40,000 ft.
It can mess with your head at first. And does to this day. Need to stop and close your eyes and think.

Yeah, but with turbines it's a lot easier... More thrust/less thrust. pirate
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:54 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
deekster_caddy wrote:
2000 GTP PCM at this time. I am not sure if I can flash it to be a 1998 Riviera,

dudeeeee deeek.. if you don't know this yet.. well than.. tongue

98-02 3.8 gm pcm's can be interchanged cool

so I've been told, but I haven't tried it yet and I want to make sure before I send out a PCM to somebody that doesn't work. Haven't had time to try yet.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Eldo wrote:
turtleman wrote:

Cody, I admit I don't know what the "bad fuel table" is, but as reminders (from my e-FSM):

- The boost control system regulates induction boost pressure during rapid deceleration, under very high engine load situations, and anytime reverse gear is selected.

- and the 'logic' for the Boost CONTROL Solenoid is confusing... it keeps flopping back and forth: Under most conditions, the PCM commands the boost control solenoid to operate at a 100% duty cycle (ON), keeping the solenoid valve closed and allowing only inlet vacuum to control the position of the bypass valve.

I always have to remind myself about this, 'cuz to me, the CONTROL solenoid should be commanded 0% (OFF) to keep the valve closed, only commanding ON when the back-pressure is desired to reduce the boost. And of course, this is all on the opposite side of the diaphragm from the usual control source... confused

That confused me too before I read and reread the FSM - you're not alone.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:53 pm

AA wrote:
I think if you pull the PCM fuse the fuel trims (bad fuel table) will reset.

Ok but is there anything that can positively tell you in real time if it's running that table? I am not nearly familiar enough with what the timing advance numbers look like during any engine condition to tell from that.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:00 pm

L67 wrote:
turtleman wrote:

I dont think it would cut boost, just run the crappy timing table.

I know I didn't clarify this but I was looking for a PCM to barrow and try because I want to know if mine is bad. The wiring has been replaced and the solenoid will work if it is jumped so that tells me it's not the solenoid (it crossed my mind that the solenoid could be weak and jumping it directly might give it more power or something but eh - i don't think so).

The question about the bad fuel tables was sort of a side question

PS: driving without boost SUCKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:01 pm

turtleman wrote:

...driving without boost SUCKS!!!

And driving with boost BLOWS!!! lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCM Tuning Service   PCM Tuning Service - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PCM Tuning Service
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next