Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1? Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1?   Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:44 pm

Hey guys, ordered a new SC today and some new valve covers. Planning on sending them all away for red or maybe black (still undecided)ceramic coating. In the meantime I had hoped to find and if so get my claws on a Throttle body spacer for a Series 1. I have seen them available for the Series 2 but haven't had alot of luck otherwise. gripe

I know it would make a significant difference in heat transfer out of my SC to the sensors and what not. Any1 know of a supplier? Or should I just have "Danik machine" make 1 for me? dunno
Back to top Go down
L67
Aficionado

Name : Matt
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1?   Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Hometown Hero wrote:
Hey guys, ordered a new SC today and some new valve covers. Planning on sending them all away for red or maybe black (still undecided)ceramic coating. In the meantime I had hoped to find and if so get my claws on a Throttle body spacer for a Series 1. I have seen them available for the Series 2 but haven't had alot of luck otherwise. gripe

I know it would make a significant difference in heat transfer out of my SC to the sensors and what not. Any1 know of a supplier? Or should I just have "Danik machine" make 1 for me? dunno

From what I've gathered on Series II TB spacers, the money is best spent elsewhere. Seems like people have sealing and cooling issues. Although I suppose with a Series I there aren't many other performance options, so it might be worth looking into. I would be weary of making your own unless you can assure proper clearances to avoid the aforementioned sealing issues.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1?   Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Hometown Hero wrote:
In the meantime I had hoped to find and if so get my claws on a Throttle body spacer for a Series 1. I have seen them available for the Series 2 but haven't had alot of luck otherwise. gripe
If a NEW Series 2 spacer will help you with the manufacture and machining for a Series 1, let me know. I have a new one still packaged that you are welcome to use for analysis or even if you can mod this one to work for you. IDK.
Either way it's here and I'm not going to use it. I was going to put it up for sale, eventually.
But again your welcome to use it either way, as a reference piece or to modify.
Let me know,
Rick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1?   Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1? Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket TB spacer for Series 1?
Page 1 of 1